What minor thing pisses you off more than it actually should?

Not sure if this has been brought up yet. Tourists!

They take pictures of EVERYTHING and stand in the way like no one else exists. I've even seen some sit inside my doorless TJ to get photos while I sat in a restaurant across the street.

I've been in Manhattan with family for the past few days and they are starting to drive me insane. I was trying to get lunch inside a mall known as the Oculus today. The Oculus is symmetric on either side, so the entrance on the far side of the photo is identical to the close one at the bottom. You can see the deck where tourists like to stand and block everyone trying to get in. I had to fight my way through the entrance for 10 minutes just to get a salad. Admittedly, the building is kind of cool, but at least try to get out of the way.

oculus-nyc-181113105838016.jpg

daniel-jones-greenwich-st-entrance.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
Or who will actually stop on an interstate, back up to get back to the ramp they blew by. Here outside of DC we have an interstate around the city we call the beltway, for fucks sake, if you miss the exit there will be another one in about a mile. Hit the ramp and swing back.

I've got the scars of 36 stitches from some chucklehead who did this. I was 3 years old in the back of a Dodge station wagon on the B/W parkway. You know, when 'wagon' meant steel lined cargo compartment. Dad slammed on the brakes, but the people behind us couldn't stop. I bounced around like a sack of potatoes when they rear ended us. Almost lost an eye.

Last edited:
People who are completely paranoid about being online because they think being a luddite will keep their information safe.

Here's some advice when you meet those people. Keep a sheet of tinfoil handy. When they start yammering on about how the deep state is watching them, give them the tinfoil and tell them to go make a hat.

People who drive with their hazards on when the weather and roads are dicey.
I should say when they are in front of me. Behind me, that’s someone else’s problem.

Hella makes decent lighting products :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps I should have said phrase! I remember people using it years ago but lately I've been hearing people bringing it back. "Thats hella dumb" or "its hella cold outside". I thought that phrase phased out years ago. Or maybe its always been used :unsure:

Perhaps I should have said phrase! I remember people using it years ago but lately I've been hearing people bringing it back. "Thats hella dumb" or "its hella cold outside". I thought that phrase phased out years ago. Or maybe its always been used :unsure:

Oh I knew what you meant, I was just messing with you. People say "hella" a lot here on the West Coast, and I agree, it is very annoying.

Reactions: tworley
People who drive with their hazards on when the weather and roads are dicey.
I should say when they are in front of me. Behind me, that’s someone else’s problem.
There's definitely a time and place... I'm just postulating here, maybe some of these massive vehicle pile ups lately might just have been avoided if people had been using their hazard lights..

There's definitely a time and place... I'm just postulating here, maybe some of these massive vehicle pile ups lately might just have been avoided if people had been using their hazard lights..
Maybe. Slowing down in crappy weather would help.

Varies from state to state but in Illannoy it’s not legal use hazards while driving. I remember listening to Wally Phillips (Dad controlled the radio)on WGN radio as a kid. When the weather was bad, people would call in and have Wally tell everybody to turn on their hazards while driving. Without fail, within five minutes, there’d be a spokesperson from the Illannoy State Patrol on the air saying it’s not legal to drive with hazards on. TBH, sometimes my Dad would place that call himself to mess with Wally. ;)

Reactions: reddvltj
Gent in one of the local groups was telling everyone that advanced driving courses teach everyone to drive the speed limit in adverse or limited visibility conditions.

• Wow
One of the local "deputy ladies" on our neighborhood watch page somehow got herself slid into an admin position on the page. I lasted about 5 minutes after that info was posted before I was deleted. I do however think it is a bit stupid to let a personal disagreement color your judgement of who can and can't be a member of a neighborhood watch page. Of course, that may have something to do with my pragmatic nature about simple things.

My dog is lost. Ok, how is your fence and gate situation? Not very good but we really love our dog. Yeah, not so much if you haven't taken the steps to keep it safe. You're an asshole.

My mail keeps getting stolen. Is your mail important to you? Yes it is, very important. Ok, get a locking mail box or a PO Box. No we want the Post Office to stop folks from stealing our mail. Well, that's not gonna happen so either solve the problem yourself or put up with stolen mail. You're an asshole.

The roads are bad and keeps breaking our cars. Ok, avoid the potholes or take another route. No, they need to fix the roads so my car won't get broken. Agreed, but in the meantime, avoid the potholes or take another route. No, I want them to fix the road so my car doesn't break. We miss the pothole or take another route until they get the road fixed. You're an asshole.

Someone was speeding on our street. I wish I had my shotgun so I could shoot them. Really? You're going to take out the driver and risk them crashing into someone or something because they were speeding? Not much common sense around here is there? You're an asshole.

Someone was skulking around our property with bad intentions. It was suggested that they get a BB gun that looks like a real gun and shoot at the skulkers. Uh, please don't do that. You don't know that they don't have a real gun and may shoot back. Well just shoot them in the knee to slow them down. Uh, no, it doesn't work like that regardless of what you see on TV. You're an asshole.

Yeah, I know I'm an asshole but that doesn't make me wrong.

My mail keeps getting stolen. Is your mail important to you? Yes it is, very important. Ok, get a locking mail box or a PO Box. No we want the Post Office to stop folks from stealing our mail. Well, that's not gonna happen so either solve the problem yourself or put up with stolen mail. You're an asshole.
I laughed a little too hard about this!! I am a contract postal carrier for a very rural route, and I have had people lodge complains to my Postmaster that their mail has been taken/stolen or otherwise come up missing, and they try to blame me. The Postmaster tries to be as PC as she possibly can with them... When she relays the message to me, she gives me this look of "Are these people brain dead?" There is one lockable box on my route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Those goddamn idiots yesterday who came into a busy gas station with two-pump lanes, made sure they got in front of me and stopped at the first pump. "Private lane here, move along"

Two dimwitted young women in a nice compact SUV, oblivious to the world.

Reactions: Chris
Minor thing....
A snowstorm on New Years Eve thats takes out the power at 7pm and night reigns till 3pm.
Over 100 trees across the power line in 5 miles. Plus many more out of sight.
DSC_0048.jpeg

DSC_0049.jpg

• Wow
I laughed a little too hard about this!! I am a contract postal carrier for a very rural route, and I have had people lodge complains to my Postmaster that their mail has been taken/stolen or otherwise come up missing, and they try to blame me. The Postmaster tries to be as PC as she possibly can with them... When she relays the message to me, she gives me this look of "Are these people brain dead?" There is one lockable box on my route.
That situation, my answer to it and their predictable responses has happened at least 10 times on that page in the last year. When we moved out here, within a few months, some fool went down the row of boxes, opened them, scattered the junk to them mail on the ground and took what they wanted. That was all I needed to go get a secure mail box, set a post in the ground, and install it.

I post up links, explain that you only need to protect the things you care about and there is no other answer. The theft can't be stopped unless you want to stand guard.
This is typical of how folks do their mail boxes out here.
1577924051746.png

1577924170263.png

1577924322334.png

I don't understand why it is so hard to figure this one out.

• Wow
Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
Lol, my mailbox has been crushed again and again. I started with 4"x4" wood. Nah, that ain't doing it out here.

I finally fabbed a mount on a big chunk of steel gas pipe I picked up along the side of the road along the way down to the White Wash dunes over there in Utah, when I was dirt biking. (sorry pipeline guys, come and get me!)

I packed that sucker full of concrete and crammed it into more concrete, surrounded by 3" base.

They still knock it down; I pick it up with my tractor bucket, cram it back in and dump more fill. I don't know who's more pissed, but I will prevail!