What minor thing pisses you off more than it actually should?

That situation, my answer to it and their predictable responses has happened at least 10 times on that page in the last year. When we moved out here, within a few months, some fool went down the row of boxes, opened them, scattered the junk to them mail on the ground and took what they wanted. That was all I needed to go get a secure mail box, set a post in the ground, and install it.

I post up links, explain that you only need to protect the things you care about and there is no other answer. The theft can't be stopped unless you want to stand guard.
This is typical of how folks do their mail boxes out here.
View attachment 131995
View attachment 131996
View attachment 131997

I don't understand why it is so hard to figure this one out.
Looks pretty much just like the mail boxes in this area. The couple that put up a lock box doesn't even live there year round but they wanted to be sure their mail was secure.

Lol, my mailbox has been crushed again and again. I started with 4"x4" wood. Nah, that ain't doing it out here.

I finally fabbed a mount on a big chunk of steel gas pipe I picked up along the side of the road along the way down to the White Wash dunes over there in Utah, when I was dirt biking. (sorry pipeline guys, come and get me!)

I packed that sucker full of concrete and crammed it into more concrete, surrounded by 3" base.

They still knock it down; I pick it up with my tractor bucket, cram it back in and dump more fill. I don't know who's more pissed, but I will prevail!
I mounted ours on a hunk o’ 90lb rail after the local plow jockey knocked it down a second time. Rung his bell and bent the plow blade on his third try.

They still knock it down; I pick it up with my tractor bucket, cram it back in and dump more fill. I don't know who's more pissed, but I will prevail!
My uncles worked together on a highway job doing concrete out in the wilderness. They had the long rows of traffic "cones" set up to direct cars away from the work. Cones in quotes because I don't know the proper name of this type.
1577928363660.png

They had to spend a fair bit of time every day setting them back up. Some fool would go by every night and knock down a row for as far as they were set up. They finally drove in a piece of 3" heavy wall pipe until it was about 12" above the pavement and set a cone over it. The trail of oil from the ripped out oil pan and the lack of any more cone bashing indicates they managed to help someone see the error of their ways.

My uncles worked together on a highway job doing concrete out in the wilderness. They had the long rows of traffic "cones" set up to direct cars away from the work. Cones in quotes because I don't know the proper name of this type.
View attachment 132021

They had to spend a fair bit of time every day setting them back up. Some fool would go by every night and knock down a row for as far as they were set up. They finally drove in a piece of 3" heavy wall pipe until it was about 12" above the pavement and set a cone over it. The trail of oil from the ripped out oil pan and the lack of any more cone bashing indicates they managed to help someone see the error of their ways.
Traffic Delineators

I hate hate how bright lights are getting on cars. I’ll be driving at night when someone blinds me with their lights. My initial reaction is to flash my brights to let them know that they are burning my retinas, but then they flash their actual brights back to let me know that they weren’t using their brights, which just blinds me even more!

Reactions: bedhed
Apparently I got deleted by yet another NM recipes and food group. The admins put up a message telling everyone it was rude and mean to say that you did not like a particular food and not to comment if you didn't like something. You are only allowed to say good things. If you don't like something, just scroll past it.

Sorry folks, not everyone on the face of this planet likes tripe and menudo especially the way some of you fuckers butcher it. (I didn't say it that way)

What I did say was that there should be a way to say that you are not a fan of something without it being taken the wrong way or getting offended. Without dark, there is no light, without bad, there is no good. Scrolling is also a double edged sword. You can scroll past someone not liking something without getting offended. That and having grown up in NM, I didn't realize that it was now populated with so many sensitive folks who don't understand that we all like different things and someone not liking something is not a personal affront, it is just personal taste and we aren't all the same.
BAM! Took about 3 minutes and I was deleted I guess since I can longer find or post in the group.

Start a recipe thread here. 👍

People parking in front of my house that I don't know or that walk to someone else house that has room in front of their house to park their ignorant piece of shit. I need 3 claymores and a spool. I'll even put little flags on the claymores to let people know they're there.

I had a car towed (well almost) a while back for literally blocking my driveway. Came home and found random car I'd never seen before, asked the wife if she had seen who was driving it. Thought it might be a neighbor but nobody was around. Called the sheriff and he knocked on a few doors before calling to tow company. Turns out they parked in front of my driveway then walked around the corner and a few houses down. Why they didn't just park in front of the house they were visiting I'll never know. Or why they didn't park literally anywhere but in front of my gate. About the time the tow driver was done nearly ripping off their front bumper they walked around the corner to see their car being loaded up. Looked like they had to pay to get it off the truck.

1579115810707.png

Reactions: reddvltj
This is gonna be oddly specific, but there's a couple spots in my town where there's these right-side turn lane thingies that go into main traffic. They DON'T have yield signs bc they go into their own lanes. But there are a bunch of dumbasses who SIT at them like they're full stops or yields waiting for their chance to cross three lanes and get into the far left lane. Bc apparently they don't know how to change lanes in traffic. I get so riled up lol.

One of them is off the freeway though and there's a nice grassy shoulder that I've romped over a few times to pass some of these assholes. :mad:
We have one of these at the interstate on-ramp closest to my house... Ticks me off to no end. Thankfully I take a left onto said on-ramp for my daily commute, otherwise I’d end up pulling your stunt and getting a ticket lol.

People parking in front of my house that I don't know or that walk to someone else house that has room in front of their house to park their ignorant piece of shit. I need 3 claymores and a spool. I'll even put little flags on the claymores to let people know they're there.

ugh i have a (very annoying) neighbor whose friends do this all the damn time. they park in front of literally everyone else's houses. pisses me off.

Lol, my mailbox has been crushed again and again. I started with 4"x4" wood. Nah, that ain't doing it out here.

I finally fabbed a mount on a big chunk of steel gas pipe I picked up along the side of the road along the way down to the White Wash dunes over there in Utah, when I was dirt biking. (sorry pipeline guys, come and get me!)

I packed that sucker full of concrete and crammed it into more concrete, surrounded by 3" base.

Back on the farm, kids would run over and blow up the mailboxes all the time. My dad found a curved hedge tree to use as the base. Using the tractor mounted post hole digger, he put the bottom of it about 6 ft down. The next time it was hit, the post rotated 90 degrees and had a scratch on it where the car rode up and back down off it. Nobody ran into the mailbox again, but they would blow it up around the 4th of July. So my dad put it back together with tack nails and light wire. The front and back would pop off and the curved section would flatten out. Then dad would bend it back into an arc and tack it all back together. It would take 5 minutes or so to get it back in shape.

The neighbor welded together a large iron mailbox from old farm machinery and nobody could get fireworks big enough to take it out.

Last edited:
Here's one that highlights how awesome this forum is.

One that seems to be getting worse and worse as the years pass. That is pop-ups! Sheesh!!
When you enter a website and get hit with a pop-up before you even have time to read the site's headline.

"Sign up today! Subscribe now to access a full array of bombarding daily emails!"

I haven't even seen what I'd be subscribing to. Give me a minute.

*Has trouble scrolling through the page due to screen-sized ads placed between every paragraph.*
*Having to do that tedious, ad bordering swipe so that we can continue scrolling past the ad.*

You guys know the swipe I'm talking about.:LOL:
*Reaches the last 1/4 of the page, and gets a new pop-up*

"Where are you going!? Don't leave now!"
"Sign up today! Subscribe now to access a full array of bombarding daily emails!"

Chill!! I haven't even finished reading through the home page yet!

Set your DNS to adgaurd (176.103.130.130 and 176.103.130.131) and it takes care of the majority of ads on all sites/phone apps... Better yet, set the default DNS on your WiFi router to it and all your devices use it automatically.

Set your DNS to adgaurd (176.103.130.130 and 176.103.130.131) and it takes care of the majority of ads on all sites/phone apps... Better yet, set the default DNS on your WiFi router to it and all your devices use it automatically.
That's good info. Didn't know that. Got pumped and went right on to looking at how to do it. Apparently it's impossible when using a mobile network? That's the primary source I use.

Reactions: DWR