What minor thing pisses you off more than it actually should?

When someone rides my bumper while we're in backed up traffic. When speed racer then proceeds to do the swerve-and-peek for 3 miles. As if the 27 cars ahead of me have magically disappeared since their last peek.

Overexplaining. Turning a 1 minute story into 20 minutes. Get on with it already!

Today's news media.

When I'm reading anything from a social media comment to an online article and I see the words Then, Than, Their, and They're used wrong. I'm not sure why this one chaps my ass ass so badly, but it does.

When "Lol" is overused like an automated reply.

When someone rides my bumper while we're in backed up traffic. When speed racer then proceeds to do the swerve-and-peek for 3 miles. As if the 27 cars ahead of me have magically disappeared since their last peek.

Overexplaining. Turning a 1 minute story into 20 minutes. Get on with it already!

Today's news media.

When I'm reading anything from a social media comment to an online article and I see the words Then, Than, Their, and They're used wrong. I'm not sure why this one chaps my ass ass so badly, but it does.

When "Lol" is overused like an automated reply.
Lol

I denounce myself...

• Haha
Reactions: bedhed
The silly little high pitched squeak that developed when it got cold. I noticed some bolts missing in the dash which makes me think they replaced the heater core.

It's not there until I run the heat fora while so I think it's the dash. If it was lower pitch it wouldn't bother me. I have really good hearing. At 50 I can hear all the same tones as a teen.

Its why I talk softly. To me its loud. Don't say something across the room because I'll hear it.

Reactions: KevinC74
1. Society

2. Working on vehicles with cramped engine bays.

3. Taking second place in competitive auto racing by less than half of a second. It is one of the worst feelings ever. It still bothers me and it probably shouldn't. All I could think about was "if only I had hit the brakes one second later into the last turn I would've placed first. I no longer race.

4. LHC and other interesting inventions that are kept "somewhat" secret to the taxpayers who most likely funded them.

5. Knowing every single thing we say and do is being stored permanently into a super chilled gold chandelier looking quantum computer called Q to possibly profit off of later. I value my privacy, and freedoms the brave men who fought to protect.

6. People who challenge me into a debate who lack the ability and are doing so purely to get a reaction, and I fall for it instead of being the bigger man and letting it go. (This one is a hard one for me.)

7. Thomas Edison type individuals being in history books portrayed as heroes instead of the men who truly deserve all the credit. Patent thieves. Inferior individuals who electrocuted even elephants with manipulation for global control and power for profit and screwing the advancement of society by at least 3000 years. Edison type individuals, that nobody should respect.

8. Mathematics and Science not being the main focus in public schools or college. Instead they are focusing on pointless "gender study's" which is no more than making girls have hyper inflated ego's due to manipulation, and are doing it all while bashing young boys for no reason making them confused in what the purpose of life truly is. They focus on racism, feminism, and creating a hateful paranoid "victim" society others will profit on later on with our freedoms slowly being removed. This will collapse society if we don't stop it.

9. Single moms who abuse welfare to get free college, medical, housing, food, purses, clothes, cell phone etc. literally everything on our tax dollars while others struggle to actually survive who do it the right way. Then having another child with a different man in 5 years to keep the benefits flowing. Then watching the world bash men and say women are "dominating college." I sure hope so, considering they can get free tuition and an easy life by being irresponsible. This is not a bash on women nor single moms, its a bash on the flawed laws we allowed to be voted in. I have a deep respect for some women and widows are very real and things happen. It's ill intent that bothers me. Just like getting pregnant only to avoid deployment. This all needs to be stopped immediately.

10. IQ tests not being mandatory in procreation and voting. Boys getting forced to sign a draft contract while girls don't (equality I thought right?) maybe that would end all wars on its own if everyone knew there children have no choice and realized what is going on. I feel like the intelligent humans see the future and are not getting married, nor having children while the stupid ones are. Scary.

And a bonus one, people who are to into being precisely grammatically correct... All of these words are no more than simple click clack noises coming from our mouths (cavemen) or our fingers (2019.) Its all created. Math is the universal language and was discovered not created.

Nobody is perfect.

You may disagree with a few things I said, and that is okay, but it was all from the heart. As you can see I have a lot on my mind, I just want to build some cool jeeps and relax, enjoying some old school mechanical engineering while trying to spread positive knowledge and create unity. Have a good day everyone.

Edit; And fellows jeepers who don't wave back when I wave first. I even wave to the angry grill ones as much as I dislike the look of them. People enjoy different things.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWR and KevinC74
I'm glad my happiness isn't so fragile. I do wish people texting at a red light would go when the light is green. it is no where the level of pissed though. I do need to upgrade my horn to make a better statement. Maybe Train horns?

Thought of this when I was walking back to my truck leaving our local Home Depot. It is the one just over the border in Mexico. Or at least that is what it appeared to be when I was in there a couple of weeks ago at just a bit past 7 am. I was the only Caucasian looking person in the whole store and it was already crowded at that time. But, that isn't the minor thing that pissed me off. I bought a selection of 1 1/2" ABS fittings and a short section of 1 1/2" ABS pipe to rework a bathroom drain. Import cashier is scanning and bagging. She bags the 20 small bits, leaves the p-trap adapter, a 45 bend, and the pipe laying in the cart. I get the why on the pipe, it is too long to fit in a bag but why the other two?

The opposite problem is when I buy one thing and it gets put into a bag. Even dumber is when I buy a jug of something with a handle and it gets put into a bag. I don't need a bag.

• Haha
Reactions: bedhed
The opposite problem is when I buy one thing and it gets put into a bag. Even dumber is when I buy a jug of something with a handle and it gets put into a bag. I don't need a bag.
Most of the time, they ask if I want a bag. Typically my answer is that I got it here without a bag, it will be fine. But I'm not pushing a cart full of stuff through the check out when that happens.

Gas station pump tv's. Can't even pump gas without being bombarded by loud advertising.

Pre-ripped jeans. Spending money on pre-ruined clothes makes you look a fool.

V type engines. Hate working on them so much I've gone 25 years without owning one and never will.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
NDF’s, or non driving fools, (you can use the other word here too) piss me off royally.
If you can’t sit through the length of a stoplight without being on your phone, you have a problem.
While in wall to wall slow moving traffic, you feel the need to have a two car length gap between you and the car in front of you. I’m not saying you need to be two feet away from them, but the light we are all waiting at is only going to stay green for so long, and you are just screwing everyone behind you. If you need a half mile clear area between you and the car in front of you, stay out of the left hand lanes.
If you and I are traveling the same direction on a two lane road, me in the left lane and you in the right, and we both see a sign that says “right lane closed ahead”, the longer you stay in the right lane the bigger asshole you are. If the left lane is moving just fine and you speed up just to jam yourself in by stopping the flow, you’re an asshole. And so are all the others behind you that somehow can’t merge like normal people prior to where the lane is closed. Then you want to throw a fit when I don’t let you in. Sorry, but you’re an asshole, and I don’t think you’re near as special as you do.
There are only two rules to driving:
Pay attention, and keep up.
You can’t do those if you’re doing anything else while behind the wheel. The car was invented so that we could get from one place to the next without having to walk.
Drivers that parallel each other. If you want to go the same speed, get in the same lane.
Every vehicle certified to be on the road has turn signals. They are there for a reason. By using them it allows much safer travel for everyone. Use them asshole!
If double digit speeds scare you into a hissy fit, you need to take a bus, Uber, cab, bicycle, anything other than you driving half the speed limit with your hazard lights on.
If by having a friend of a friends uncle who owns a shop and needs the money is the only way your rolling pile of crap mosquito fogger oil burning vehicle with bald wobbly tires and dragging muffler can get a safety/ smog inspection pass, do not ever attempt traveling in the fast lanes.
The “hey look at me, I’m on the highway” speed is never enough for you to be in the faster lanes on the highway.
Infinity minivan driving soccer moms are the most NDF’s out there.
Just because you drive a vehicle that cost ten times more than mine, does not mean traffic laws, or common sense, doesn’t apply to you.
While traveling through a neighborhood and you approach a car parked in front of a house, in your lane, it does not mean it’s ok to proceed forward in the oncoming lane without regard to oncoming traffic. If you hit me head on because I did not move out of your entitled way, I will sue you until the moon turns blue, and your hair falls out.

Yeah, I guess I’m turning into that “get off my grass” old guy. Please be safe out there!

44B8028D-6B88-4906-B020-559CB068F4E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's one that highlights how awesome this forum is.

One that seems to be getting worse and worse as the years pass. That is pop-ups! Sheesh!!
When you enter a website and get hit with a pop-up before you even have time to read the site's headline.

"Sign up today! Subscribe now to access a full array of bombarding daily emails!"

I haven't even seen what I'd be subscribing to. Give me a minute.

*Has trouble scrolling through the page due to screen-sized ads placed between every paragraph.*
*Having to do that tedious, ad bordering swipe so that we can continue scrolling past the ad.*

You guys know the swipe I'm talking about.:LOL:
*Reaches the last 1/4 of the page, and gets a new pop-up*

"Where are you going!? Don't leave now!"
"Sign up today! Subscribe now to access a full array of bombarding daily emails!"

Chill!! I haven't even finished reading through the home page yet!

Tips. Do you know how pissed off it makes me that EVERYWHERE I go and use my card to pay, there’s always a screen asking me if I would like to leave a tip?

It’s everywhere from the ice cream shop to the pizza place. People want a tip for nothing. When did all this tipping nonsense start!?

Reactions: reddvltj and Fixer6
Tips. Do you know how pissed off it makes me that EVERYWHERE I go and use my card to pay, there’s always a screen asking me if I would like to leave a tip?

It’s everywhere from the ice cream shop to the pizza place. People want a tip for nothing. When did all this tipping nonsense start!?

I haven't seen the tip screen, yet. Where I live, we're roughly 10 years behind the times. But, this did make me think about some of those machines.

*Swipes card*

Debit or Credit?

*Sees that it's a debit and bypasses your choice anyway.*

Is this total correct?
Would you like cash back?
Would you like to donate?
Enter your email address?
How would you like your receipt, printed, emailed, or no receipt?

• Haha
Reactions: Chris