What minor thing pisses you off more than it actually should?

I haven't seen the tip screen, yet. Where I live, we're roughly 10 years behind the times. But, this did make me think about some of those machines.

*Swipes card*

Debit or Credit?

*Sees that it's a debit and bypasses your choice anyway.*

Is this total correct?
Would you like cash back?
Would you like to donate?
Enter your email address?
How would you like your receipt, printed, emailed, or no receipt?

Here in Oregon the tip thing is EVERYWHERE. Any sort of food establishment has one. For instance, we went to Jersey Mikes to get a sub-sandwich. I go to pay, run my card, and it asks me if I would like to leave a tip. Since when am I supposed to leave a tip for making my sandwich? Isn't that the reason I am paying for the sandwich in the first place, because you're making it?

We go get ice cream at Baskin Robbins and the screen asks for a tip. There's a tip jar at every store imaginable. It's a friggin' epidemic. All of a sudden everyone wants a "tip" for doing nothing.

Granted I don't tip them, but it annoys me nonetheless, because sometimes when I pay with my card and don't tip, they see that, and I feel as if there's a change in the mood all of a sudden.

• Haha
Reactions: bedhed
I feel that same way when I go to pick up a pizza. If I pay cash, they slide over their receipt, which has a spot to leave a tip. When I slide it back with no tip applied, I get that same exact feeling.😆 For this reason, I prefer to use a card at this place.

Tips. Do you know how pissed off it makes me that EVERYWHERE I go and use my card to pay, there’s always a screen asking me if I would like to leave a tip?

It’s everywhere from the ice cream shop to the pizza place. People want a tip for nothing. When did all this tipping nonsense start!?
LOL This is the first thing I thought of when I read your post...

Reservoir Dogs Tipping/Gratuity Scene 720p HD

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I haven't seen the tip screen, yet. Where I live, we're roughly 10 years behind the times. But, this did make me think about some of those machines.

*Swipes card*

Debit or Credit?

*Sees that it's a debit and bypasses your choice anyway.*

Is this total correct?
Would you like cash back?
Would you like to donate?
Enter your email address?
How would you like your receipt, printed, emailed, or no receipt?

I hate that shit.

When they ask for a phone number, I tell them I don't have one. Same with an email address. You should see some of the looks I get.

I feel that same way when I go to pick up a pizza. If I pay cash, they slide over their receipt, which has a spot to leave a tip. When I slide it back with no tip applied, I get that same exact feeling.😆 For this reason, I prefer to use a card at this place.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. It's as if people are just expecting a tip for doing their job... which they are being paid for in the first place.

Reactions: bedhed
I hate that shit.

When they ask for a phone number, I tell them I don't have one. Same with an email address. You should see some of the looks I get.

The more seasoned cashiers get it. They spare us both and just hammer down on a key to just enter numerics and get through it. Those who don't understand get confused.
*You don't have a number? But, but. We need a number to continue.*
😆 It's funny to talk about, but frustrating to go through.

Reactions: Chris
The more seasoned cashiers get it. They spare us both and just hammer down on a key to just enter numerics and get through it. Those who don't understand get confused.
*You don't have a number? But, but. We need a number to continue.*
😆 It's funny to talk about, but frustrating to go through.

I've been waiting for them to ask for my address after I turn down the phone number and email. I'll tell them I'm homeless.

That tipping non-sense is starting to creep in around here too. Tipping is for sit down dining where you tell me the special, ask how I'd like my steak done, bring me my food, refill my drink, ask about dessert.

Punching a cash register and handing me a receipt does not warrant a tip.

Waiting at the gas pump for someone to finish filling their tank. Once it's full they walk over to their friends car and have a conversation, while giving you dirty looks for blaring the horn. Feel like going Monster truck on their car.
In a similar vein, those who stop at the very first pump in a line of three pumps when the next two are vacant. Now I have to squeeze past your incourteous ass to get to the end pump where you should have been.

I hate that shit.

Back when checks were prevalent, we had our PO Box on our checks and driver license. They always wanted a physical address. Don't have one. How is that possible, everyone has an address? Nope, not everyone. The ones that live on a boat in the harbor don't unless you want the basin and slip number. Worked every time.

Reactions: Tranz Zam and Chris
Waiting at the gas pump for someone to finish filling their tank. Once it's full they walk over to their friends car and have a conversation, while giving you dirty looks for blaring the horn. Feel like going Monster truck on their car.
I've seen shit at gas stations that make me very thankful I am generally calm enough to not explore ways to derive a bumper mounted bazooka to blow some of the shitheads into never land.

Stopping at the first pump. Walk in to pay. Do 3 weeks worth of grocery shopping, chat with the cashier, meander back to the car, load the groceries, start pumping gas, hop in car, pump clicks off after a gallon, they don't notice, hop out after 10 minutes, notice pump has gone dead, go back in store, reset pump, pump the last 3 dollars worth of the 8 they pre-paid for, forgot soda, go back in, stand in line behind 8 folks and their 2 weeks worth of groceries each. Get back to car, start washing the windshield, the side windows, back windows, use 48 paper towels out of the dispenser to get the water spots off the paint, put the squeegee back, get back in car, can't find keys. Yeah asshole, too bad I left the bazooka at home.

That sounds like a stretch, it isn't. I've waited 25 minutes behind assholes several times with the rig on the trailer at the only set of pumps that I can get fuel at.

I've seen shit at gas stations that make me very thankful I am generally calm enough to not explore ways to derive a bumper mounted bazooka to blow some of the shitheads into never land.

Stopping at the first pump. Walk in to pay. Do 3 weeks worth of grocery shopping, chat with the cashier, meander back to the car, load the groceries, start pumping gas, hop in car, pump clicks off after a gallon, they don't notice, hop out after 10 minutes, notice pump has gone dead, go back in store, reset pump, pump the last 3 dollars worth of the 8 they pre-paid for, forgot soda, go back in, stand in line behind 8 folks and their 2 weeks worth of groceries each. Get back to car, start washing the windshield, the side windows, back windows, use 48 paper towels out of the dispenser to get the water spots off the paint, put the squeegee back, get back in car, can't find keys. Yeah asshole, too bad I left the bazooka at home.

That sounds like a stretch, it isn't. I've waited 25 minutes behind assholes several times with the rig on the trailer at the only set of pumps that I can get fuel at.

And to think...some people choose to wait in line to fuel at Costco and get this experience on purpose

Passengers telling me how to drive. Shut the f up. If you wanted to drive you should have gotten in your own d— car.

Being behind someone in the airport security line who waits until they get to the conveyor to take off their coat, shoes, belt, jewelry, etc. Then they still have crap in their pocket and have to get scanned a second time.
Which is why, as a very frequent flyer, I coughed up a hundred bucks for Global Entry/TSA Pre Check which gets me five years of keeping my shoes on and usually less than five minutes to clear US Customs.

Tipping...

We tip everyone. Sure the unemployment rate is low but the other side of that coin is a lot of these people are making $8 an hour, and that is not what I would call a living wage. We're a little better off financially so it's a good will thing, help out a fellow working stiff. But we do secret Santa stuff to give to families around here with kids, donate stuff, give to local charities - just generally try to contribute what we can. Maybe we're suckers, I don't know.

As far as irritating, it's the woman (and it's always a woman) in line in front of me who waits until the cashier says $48.91 to get out her purse and start digging through it. HAVE THE CARD IN YOUR HAND READY TO GO LADY!!!