What other car projects do you guys have?

AgentLJ

TJ Enthusiast
Currently I'm rebuilding a 1990 mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T that sat in a neghbors yard for 10 years. Been a crazy project. I'm 16 months in and I think I about have it running right. Car had the windows smashed and 4 inches of snow inside when i got it. I have replaced almost everything. Parts are hard to find so its been an adventure.

My jeep friends gave me a hard time at first til I reminded them this car was built by chrysler in Illinois. 🤔

20181215_114858.jpg

I might mess this up but that 4G63 was a beast of a engine!!! We had a Integra GS-R, a RSX type-S and a WRX. Used to really love the small imports! Knew enough not to mess with the turbo eclipse though.

• Haha
Reactions: AgentLJ
I might mess this up but that 4G63 was a beast of a engine!!! We had a Integra GS-R, a RSX type-S and a WRX. Used to really love the small imports! Knew enough not to mess with the turbo eclipse though.

Yup! This is a 4G63 turbo. It was really intimidating to do the timing belt.
Excited to drive it for the first time! Monday should be the day.

20200414_221158.jpg

Reactions: Rick Flair
Mine isn't really a "car" project..

1978 GMC Motorhome. Its a 403 Olds engine with the TH425 (FWD) transmission. Eventually, it will be set up to tow a jeep so we'll be able to head out west and use the that for transportation when we get to where we're going.

1590963418836.png

So far I have replaced the cooling system and rebuilt the top end of the engine, Rebuilt the generator and put new tires on. I'm working on sealing the roof system up right now and my wife is working on refinishing the interior. She's re-staining the woodwork and painting the walls a brighter color. Its turning out great. Its a giant money pit (way worse than the jeep) but its going to be our "vacation" home so we think its worth it.

Thats awesome! I've always wanted to buy a school bus, turn it into a camper and replace the back 3rd with a flat bed for the jeep.
We looked into the school bus thing briefly. Figured it would be too much work to start from scratch. I also don't have a place to work on anything quite that big.

Reactions: AgentLJ
F6224446-7464-4FC3-B811-B1D38AE44809.jpeg

I’m just trying to keep this one on the road. 1948 DeSoto S11 Custom Coupe. Fluid Drive with a semi auto transmission. ‘Poorer brakes and Poorer Steering’. For a ‘48, it’s pretty advanced. Self canceling turn signals, electric wipers, electrically shifted transmission, electric choke, AND a working radio. Need to figure out why the electric choke isn’t working, most likely a bum 72 year old wire, and will be replacing the tired charging system with a 6v positive ground alternator.