What other Jeeps do you like besides Wranglers?

I'm love my 1947 CJ-2A. I paid WAY too much for it but I bought it for the serial number, they didn't have VIN numbers back then! I present to you serial number #123456 I have both the frame and body tag that are matching! This is my next project after I finish my TJ!

2m9c1Kr.jpg

I’d like a 4door XJ to wrangle the kids since the LJ is a bit difficult any time a top is on. Other than that. I’d be tempted by a JT - but it needs minimum 35s to look good (and be closer to the price of other midsize trucks).

Reactions: Axeman
I had an 06 in Jeep Green Metallic on Saddle Brown with QD2. Loved that thing. And yes, I wheeled it

Modified 2.5" OME HD lift and 265 MTRs. Had some minor bolt ons, exhaust and tune. What a great Jeep

The first photo looks just like the one I had in Alabama. Loved wheeling it. Fred Williams put up some photos a few weeks back with Commanders.
Always wanted to do more with it. Had a rusty off-road lift half installed. Very 70s rake on it.

you guys like the commander?
i've got an '06 with the hemi. and that thing is total ass.

thousands spent and the aircon still doesnt work right. the transfer case exploded 4months ago. and its been an overall headache. dont want to sell it becuase i'd lose so much money.
it is very nice to hear the ponies though.

if my 4.0 ever explodes on me i might to a little swapy swap.

i've also got an '02 grand cherokee with the 4.7( i think) AWD. its fun. but needs bigger tires xD

you guys like the commander?
i've got an '06 with the hemi. and that thing is total ass.

thousands spent and the aircon still doesnt work right. the transfer case exploded 4months ago. and its been an overall headache. dont want to sell it becuase i'd lose so much money.
it is very nice to hear the ponies though.

if my 4.0 ever explodes on me i might to a little swapy swap.

i've also got an '02 grand cherokee with the 4.7( i think) AWD. its fun. but needs bigger tires xD

Yes I loved the Commander but I also got it in 2012 so it was 6 years old. Im sure issues may have came up. My experience with the POS 4.7 V8 though, faawwwwwk that hahaha

Yes I loved the Commander but I also got it in 2012 so it was 6 years old. Im sure issues may have came up. My experience with the POS 4.7 V8 though, faawwwwwk that hahaha
ive had ZERO issues with the 4.7. after the rebuild :)<

also had the trans rebuilt at the same time.

it had 175k at the time of the rebuilds

Soooooo, I picked up a mid-mileage, great condition, almost stock 2004 LJ Unlimited to tear down, stretch, put some 60s under it, 40" or so tires, Atlas, etc. to build into a great rock crawler. My wife drove it once and now it is her daily driver! There goes that build!

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

I would love one of these View attachment 167406
I almost had one! A guy put one on sale and I called him, without even seeing it, and we agreed to a price. It was 11 pm and I told him I could come by then to pay for it and he said to just come by in the morning and pay when I picked it up. At 11:30 pm he called me back and said another guy offered him $500 more and he was going to sell it to him unless I paid $500 more. I decided not to buy it just on principle. A man's word used to be good for something...

The 5.7l hemi with all time four wheel drive in the Commander was awesome. It was a great vehicle. Didn’t care for the third row. But when you have 5 kids. It was better then getting a massive burban.

my daughter parked it into the back of my truck when she mistook the brake pedal and go faster pedal. The day before I left to Korea for 9 months.

View attachment 167094

View attachment 167095

I laughed for like 5 minutes at this. Shit like that always happens right before you leave for deployments or short tours.

Reactions: HoweTyler
For me the Grand Cherokee BlackHawk. Supercharged Hellcat engine. That system is some 6.2 liter, V8 which comes excellent with 707 hp and even 650 lb-ft of torque one badass jeep

2020-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Trackhawk-Exterior.jpg

I owned one back in the late 1990's. It was awesome offroad and still pulled my boat. I really hated getting rid of it. Had to battle the ex in a large legal battle.

Such a cool truck! Too bad you lost it.

Your post reminded me of an old highschool memory of when I first drove a jeep. It was 1999, and i was driving my uncles late 80's jeep comanche. (Wish it was a gladiator.)

Had a crazy fun time in that thing, ditching school with a girl, throwing a surf board in the back... and off to the beach.

I had to switch vehicles with my uncle, from a v8 89' Tbird with a booming sound system... to a white unimpressive jeep comanche.

Loved both vehicles, but i do remember thinking how i felt more connected to that jeep than my tbird. The simplicity and unassuming nature if it resonated. It was a nice change from my fast "look at me" car.

Probably planted the seed to loving my simple wrangler.

Random memory, random post. lol