What other projects are you working on?

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'll start with:
For the last few weeks we have been resurrecting this Vermeer trencher to install drainage tile on the farm.

1637590600216.jpeg

The idler and end roller hub had seen better days. Machined a new hub, bored the roller, pressed new hub into place:

1637590756785.jpeg

Removing old hydraulic hoses from the dirt packed frame:

1637590818889.jpeg

Hodgepodge control lever repaired properly:

1637591249455.jpeg

I'll start with:
For the last few weeks we have been resurrecting this Vermeer trencher to install drainage tile on the farm.

View attachment 291890

The idler and end roller hub had seen better days. Machined a new hub, bored the roller, pressed new hub into place:

View attachment 291892

Removing old hydraulic hoses from the dirt packed frame:

View attachment 291893

Hodgepodge control lever repaired properly:

View attachment 291894
That looks like a railroad wheel!

• Haha
Reactions: Farmergreg
I have too many damn projects going on, and I can't stop myself from adding more.

Currently I'm finishing up two Corvettes (the engine pic of the LS is a 78 Pace Car I rescued from a junkyard), and just picked up a 77 W72 Y82 Trans Am that'll end up being a full blown resto. Plus I still have the 70 Trans Am on the rotisserie. And for good measure, I decided I needed to build a street truck, so I got a stepside from Jacksonville Florida and have been knee deep in that. lol

Resized_20211030_135158_106314773944726.jpg

20200805_151222.jpg

20211022_113649.jpg

received_474516073901474.jpg

Resized_20211118_124137.jpg

received_613417789661466.jpg

This may get me flamed because it’s not a cool hotrod, but a few months ago I moved into a new place and am now living alone for the first time, no roommates etc. So I’ve been working on decorating and matching rooms, furniture, paintings/pictures, rugs, towels and whatnot. I’ve been researching lamps, tables, light fixtures. Turns out I’m actually really good at this interior design stuff!

These are old photos from my first couple weeks there, but it’s come a long way. It’s weird using the word “guest bedroom.” Feels like a grandma thing.
5E6AB838-37F2-4B33-99FB-69D5A27B367F.jpeg
219B37A3-9594-42D7-BE1D-70FFECA26917.jpeg
15B351D4-282D-428A-8D85-096506C3598C.jpeg

This may get me flamed because it’s not a cool hotrod, but a few months ago I moved into a new place and am now living alone for the first time, no roommates etc. So I’ve been working on decorating and matching rooms, furniture, paintings/pictures, rugs, towels and whatnot. I’ve been researching lamps, tables, light fixtures. Turns out I’m actually really good at this interior design stuff!

These are old photos from my first couple weeks there, but it’s come a long way. It’s weird using the word “guest bedroom.” Feels like a grandma thing.
View attachment 291979View attachment 291978View attachment 291980
Love the Kiva fireplace!

I got CJ7 back in February. Frame and tub are in great shape.... amazing actually for a 40 year old Jeep..... never been painted over and almost no rust other than some surface rust the linkage on the leaf springs.

I've replaced the entire wiring harness and fuse block. West Texas is good for rust but not plastic....
Upgraded the sound system and will be replacing the dash with a new one cut to fit a new instrument cluster (which I've not yet figured out yet).

Next up will be the bigger issues with the rear axel/diff and transfer case. Haven't fully diagnosed these yet but my guess is both need to be replaced along with every U-joint.

Finding time to do anything but work over the next few months is going to be the hard part.....

Last edited:

View attachment 291979View attachment 291978View attachment 291980
I have a room for rent in Sedona, see above for pics, only one roommate…it’s a challenge to get used to new digs…

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
Before jeeps, I was into lowriders, hotrods and dragcars.

This dually has been in my shop for way too long. Maybe I'll get it finished soon, cooler months is when I usually spend lots of time in the shop. I need it finished and gone so I can get another car outta the back corner of the shop.

OBS bagged and bodied on cut down semis.

20161224-125634.jpg

20170119-130023.jpg

20170218-183922.jpg

20170313-173818.jpg

20180710-184519.jpg

I have grown to hate this dually!

Here's a pic of my "shop truck/parts getter"

Built this about 5yrs ago for myself. Static drop OBS 2dr.

I have some more plans for it, once the dually and the caddy in the corner are gone.

20170515-061705.jpg

Before jeeps, I was into lowriders, hotrods and dragcars.

This dually has been in my shop for way too long. Maybe I'll get it finished soon, cooler months is when I usually spend lots of time in the shop. I need it finished and gone so I can get another car outta the back corner of the shop.

OBS bagged and bodied on cut down semis.

View attachment 292028

View attachment 292030

View attachment 292031

View attachment 292032

View attachment 292033

I have grown to hate this dually!

Here's a pic of my "shop truck/parts getter"

Built this about 5yrs ago for myself. Static drop OBS 2dr.

I have some more plans for it, once the dually and the caddy in the corner are gone.

View attachment 292035

What is this OBS ?

My past rides were low. Static drops all around.
245021.jpg

DSC00550_zpsea0c4900.JPG

Reactions: Farmergreg
I love the V-Dubs!! Maybe one day I can have one of those too!

GM speak, OBS is old body style. I won't bore you with the project/generation names from day one, and OBS isn't an actual factory assigned project name, but its how its known on the street. Going back 40-ish years
Square or Square body 73-87
OBS - old body style 88-99
NBS - new body style 99-06
NNBS - new new body style 07-14
K2XX (GM designator) or N3BS 15 - present

Reactions: RINC
Replaced a burned up toggle switch and it turned into the usual Charlie Foxtrot that it turns into every time I get into the wiring in this house. Half the grounds aren't hooked up, a GFCI wasn't protecting anything other than itself, an outdoor cover has interference problems with the stucco, etc. If I ever get my hands on the SOB that did all the amateur hour wiring on this house, I'm gonna choke him with one hand and stick my cigar up his ass with the other! I don't smoke either - but I'd start for that occasion!

Replaced a burned up toggle switch and it turned into the usual Charlie Foxtrot that it turns into every time I get into the wiring in this house. Half the grounds aren't hooked up, a GFCI wasn't protecting anything other than itself, an outdoor cover has interference problems with the stucco, etc. If I ever get my hands on the SOB that did all the amateur hour wiring on this house, I'm gonna choke him with one hand and stick my cigar up his ass with the other! I don't smoke either - but I'd start for that occasion!

Dude..... it's Florida!

• Haha
Reactions: pc1p and RINC
Last house I owned that was this old, also had bullshit electrical problems/wiring due to idiot amateurs. And it was in California - uh, wait...
Hey.... here in AZ a house built between 2004 and 2010 is mostly crap.... it was being built by unskilled people as fast as they could.

Reactions: pc1p
Hey.... here in AZ a house built between 2004 and 2010 is mostly crap.... it was being built by unskilled people as fast as they could.
You would think that that couldn't happen what with the Nanny State busybodies at the local building department - but it does.