What other projects are you working on?

As many here already know, I make Sistra (plural of Sistrum, an ancient Egyptian musical instrument). I generally sell about 5 a year, and thus make 5 at a time. I made 5 a couple of months ago, and they sold out in about 5 weeks - so I'm making another batch:

DSC06197.JPG
DSC07740.JPG
DSC07743.JPG

Working on a 87 mr2 that was left to die after the original owner passed away. Finally got her to run and it started up almost instantly but dies just as fast due to a massive vacuum leak.

The engine bay is a little more cramped than the tj I would say, just a couple more hoses

58495F85-8DFC-43EF-A2CC-0D008FB5119B.jpeg

E7E53BD6-A3EB-4D86-A2E5-44FF1954F32A.jpeg

F2414BC4-44AB-423F-B880-28DACF63BC7C.jpeg

BA617E7D-0730-4F72-96CE-F98966AF67F1.jpeg

I've had this 95 mustang since 97 or so, back in its day it was a decent street car. Along comes a kid and projects like this seem to fade away. It has been sitting in my shop for about 18 years collecting dust.

It is running good again and goes to the body shop for paint and new pieces/parts. Currently I'm thinking of going with black cherry pearl... but that changes pretty often lol.
20211209_134000.jpg

Yes very nice. But that up front distributor does not play well crossing 4' deep creeks.
At my old work, we would turn around and drive through creeks backward so as to not drown out the motor.

Life has come full circle!
38 Years ago when I started farming we jackhammered out the corn crib floor and remodeled it into a shop. Hauled the concrete chunks on a flat trailer over to my friends farm who had an old bridge and piled it where the water was eroding the bank.
Fast forward and he sold me the farm this fall and that bridge needs replaced.
Anyway here I am dealing with that damn concrete again and cleaning up trees.

1639622650600.jpeg

IMG_7665.jpeg

IMG_7667.jpeg

Life has come full circle!
38 Years ago when I started farming we jackhammered out the corn crib floor and remodeled it into a shop. Hauled the concrete chunks on a flat trailer over to my friends farm who had an old bridge and piled it where the water was eroding the bank.
Fast forward and he sold me the farm this fall and that bridge needs replaced.
Anyway here I am dealing with that damn concrete again and cleaning up trees.

View attachment 296514

View attachment 296515

View attachment 296516

You need someone to haul that stuff around. Call me.
d8dozer001.JPG

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you get that thing on the low deck?
The trailer gooseneck lowers the trailer then detaches and you pull the truck ahead. Front of the trailer is resting on the ground and has little flip down ramps, back the excavator onto the trailer. Then reattach the gooseneck. Semi has hydraulic "wet kit" to operate it.

The trailer gooseneck lowers the trailer then detaches and you pull the truck ahead. Front of the trailer is resting on the ground and has little flip down ramps, back the excavator onto the trailer. Then reattach the gooseneck. Semi has hydraulic "wet kit" to operate it.
That's pretty cool!

Getting close to wrapping up my LJ build. Probably another 3 months to go.

Scoping out older diesel trucks (pre 2008) to be next project.