What other projects are you working on?

Added to the fleet today.
View attachment 409300

I learned of an old hole in the wall hobby shop about twenty miles from us. Mrs.Cheesy talked me into going to see it. I walked in and was kind of underwhelmed by what I saw. I did find some NOS T-jet silver brushes, silicone tires, and a couple of top plates with armatures. The owner asked what else I was looking for, so I told him. He told me to open the door to the back room.

:oops: Oh My God. There were AMT, Revell, Monogram, Lindberg, etc, etc, car kits. Hundreds of them. Also hundreds of HO slot cars and model rocket kits. Jeez, I was 12 years old again. Mrs. Cheesy told me to go nuts. Three of the cars, the blue CJ, burgandy Javelin, and black Studebaker(Stupidbaker;)) are Autoworld T-jets. The AMC bodies are Xtraction models, the Stude is a basic T-jet and slower than the 50+ year Firebird. The red Mustang is a Life Like brand. Never seen one and it was the cheapest of the bunch. It's also the fastest. By a lot.

I may be going back on Saturday. There was this 1960 DeSoto Adventurer convertible kit...

Close-ups of these, please! Not too often you come across something like this. Very cool! Did you happen to notice if any of the model kits were JO-HAN? They had some of the most obscure model selections around, including the AMC Marlin.

Close-ups of these, please! Not too often you come across something like this. Very cool! Did you happen to notice if any of the model kits were JO-HAN? They had some of the most obscure model selections around, including the AMC Marlin.

Tomorrow for the close ups. Allergies are kicking my ass this evening.

I believe the DeSoto was a JO-HAN. I have one of their 1959 Rambler wagon kits that I need to finish for my Dad. I'm building it with the torque tube laying on the ground, like what happened on one of our road trips.:D

Allergies still sucking, but at least it's not late in the day.

Close ups of the new slot cars.
EYL7t54l.jpg

hoXL46el.jpg

There is a bit more attention to detail on the AW cars than the Life Like car.

Front and rear of the AW Javelin.
Y8rkYool.jpg
K8e21mHl.jpg

Front and rear of the Life Like Mustang.
Ln57dpql.jpg
xNxYJ1pl.jpg

OTOH, the Mustang runs circles around the other cars.

Allergies still sucking, but at least it's not late in the day.

Close ups of the new slot cars.
View attachment 409446

View attachment 409447

There is a bit more attention to detail on the AW cars than the Life Like car.

Front and rear of the AW Javelin.
View attachment 409448

View attachment 409449

Front and rear of the Life Like Mustang.
View attachment 409450 View attachment 409451

OTOH, the Mustang runs circles around the other cars.

The Javelin might be an AMX, as that is definitely an AMX hood on it. My fave is the Studebaker Hawk. Thanks for the close-ups, @Cheesy!!!

tempImagekdkCAC.jpg

tempImage3TMYJr.jpg

Water prices here in California prompted us to pull up our sod, and pour some curbing, and laying down base rock now for some artificial turf. Not ideal but at least it looks great year round. 🤷‍♂️ Of course we started this project just before all the flooding.. smh

View attachment 409470

View attachment 409471
Water prices here in California prompted us to pull up our sod, and pour some curbing, and laying down base rock now for some artificial turf. Not ideal but at least it looks great year round. 🤷‍♂️ Of course we started this project just before all the flooding.. smh

Meanwhile across the street. The fronds show how dirty and dusty the Central Valley can be.

• Haha
Reactions: 209Wrangler
Meanwhile across the street. The fronds show how dirty and dusty the Central Valley can be.

Neighbors that don't know how to properly prune queen palms. But youre correct. Where my shop is in Visalia the dust is worse.. a couple hours south of this pic... Walnuts, oranges, and Dairies....

Reactions: alittleoff
Yeah I have a hate/hate feeling for any kind of palm tree.
I retired from the County of San Bernardino and when the Santa Ana winds kicked in, we would spend the next few weeks picking up fronds
from the streets. And of course when the local residents found out we were in their area, they would drag them out of their backyards and leave them in the streets. It made for an ugly mess in their own front yard if they finished after we left their street.
Mose of the people were nice enough about it, although the people that hated us, generally hated everybody.

• Face Palm
Reactions: 209Wrangler
Been screwing together a new shed, partially using wood left over from the house addition last year:
View attachment 412113

View attachment 412114

View attachment 412115

View attachment 412116

View attachment 412117

View attachment 412118

Good shed , The living in the Rockies side of me wondered why you didn't rotate the doubled 2X4's 90 degrees to carry the load much more effectively above your door RO? Then It occurred to me you don't deal with ANY snow load in your back yard , Maybe some at the peak of the Florida mountain in your driveway , but NONE in your back yard. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba
Good shed , The living in the Rockies side of me wondered why you didn't rotate the doubled 2X4's 90 degrees to carry the load much more effectively above your door RO? Then It occurred to me you don't deal with ANY snow load in your back yard , Maybe some at the peak of the Florida mountain in your driveway , but NONE in your back yard. :p

Yea - I built it in the flatlands, if I had built it on that mountain, it would be too darn cold plus the Jeep was getting altitude sickness - running a bit rich - by the time it reach the top of said mountain! :ROFLMAO:

Yea - I built it in the flatlands, if I had built it on that mountain, it would be too darn cold plus the Jeep was getting altitude sickness - running a bit rich - by the time it reach the top of said mountain! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe a Supercharger with twin turbos dumping into it could help out with the Extreme Elevation , do you practice deep breathing in your dance classes?
If not be careful with the lack of O2 . ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba
My project here is a 1957 CJ5
4647F6C8-B67C-4A4C-A289-A0BECAC4599E.jpeg

I have the body off (obviously) working on it sporadically.
I would ask for opinions on the engine color. Supposedly, the factory engine was black but I don’t like it.

The wife says red engine looks stupid.
What do you guys think?

Oh and @Zorba, in the background you’ll see my snap on chest. Not as neat and tidy as yours but it’s the same model I believe. Got it in 1985 for 50 bucks.

View attachment 413784
I would ask for opinions on the engine color. Supposedly, the factory engine was black but I don’t like it.

What do you guys think?

Oh and @Zorba, in the background you’ll see my snap on chest. Not as neat and tidy as yours but it’s the same model I believe. Got it in 1985 for 50 bucks.

Yea, that's the same chest. As for the motor, it looks fine to me. Lots of engines are/were painted red. If I had to pick nits, you have some overspray on the exhaust manifold - like who cares it'll burn off shortly anyway!

One of my neighbors was putting together a Ford V6 years back - painted it blue. Had some fluorescent orange spark plug wires on it. His brother said "Nice looking motor, except for those gay Filipino spark plug wires!"

• Haha
Reactions: ColoJeep and R49
View attachment 413784

MC-Color-Chart_600-2546311480.jpg

What do you guys think?

The Red looks fine to me , and maybe it will think it's a International 392 and have a butt load of torque!
Your wife may come from the all engines are black generation , But there honestly was a fun engine color time ! :p

Reactions: R49 and Zorba
The Red looks fine to me , and maybe it will think it's a International 392 and have a butt load of torque!
Your wife may come from the all engines are black generation , But there honestly was a fun engine color time ! :p

She thinks it should match the body.
But I haven’t decided what color I’m going to paint it yet.

It’s a3.125” bore and 4.25” stroke so it will be a torquey 82 hp.

Reactions: ColoJeep