What part is this?

DaisyJeep

See that rubber gasket-y thing hanging down? What is it and how do I replace it? Clearly, it's seen better days. :)

It's the windshield molding. You can take some sealant and glue it back in the channel. To replace it requires removing the windshield.

It's the windshield molding. You can take some sealant and glue it back in the channel. To replace it requires removing the windshield.
Looks like it's been glued at least once. It's stretched out and needs to be replaced. Looks like we'll be learning how to remove a windshield.

Check your auto insurance. If you have a low enough deductible, just have the windshield and molding replaced by a professional. I almost guarantee you your current windshield is full of tiny chips.

I did auto glass for a few years. If your windshield is damaged and you have insurance, that's the easy way to go. I don't recall any insurance ever paying for what I would call the "multiple sandblasted chips" but I'm sure that several owners just mysteriously ended up with a broken windshield somehow to get it replaced. I'd want to watch the installers to make sure any scratches in the paint that is hidden behind the glass are taken care of. The best thing they could use for that is a black urethane primer. Some urethane "glues" have primer in them, I never liked them and always had a bottle of primer to use when needed.

If you don't have insurance and that gaskety thing is too long, I'd suggest cutting it in the center, using epoxy to glue one side in place then figure out where you need to cut the other side and epoxy it back on. I'd do my best to use the epoxy towards the inside of the Jeep and not near the glass.

Stay away from using silicone, it can mess up the urethane that is holding the windshield in. I've seen several leaks caused by it and at least a few windshields just kind of sitting where the belong but not really attached to the car.

I did auto glass for a few years. If your windshield is damaged and you have insurance, that's the easy way to go. I don't recall any insurance ever paying for what I would call the "multiple sandblasted chips" but I'm sure that several owners just mysteriously ended up with a broken windshield somehow to get it replaced. I'd want to watch the installers to make sure any scratches in the paint that is hidden behind the glass are taken care of. The best thing they could use for that is a black urethane primer. Some urethane "glues" have primer in them, I never liked them and always had a bottle of primer to use when needed.

If you don't have insurance and that gaskety thing is too long, I'd suggest cutting it in the center, using epoxy to glue one side in place then figure out where you need to cut the other side and epoxy it back on. I'd do my best to use the epoxy towards the inside of the Jeep and not near the glass.

Stay away from using silicone, it can mess up the urethane that is holding the windshield in. I've seen several leaks caused by it and at least a few windshields just kind of sitting where the belong but not really attached to the car.
I do have insurance, but don't want to file a claim for this. Great info on the epoxy vs. silicone! Thank you!

At least talk to a glass shop. Eventually you will need to replace the windshield. Don't use a product which will add to the work when you do. A glass shop might not charge much more than a tube of epoxy to fix it. Be the professional, call a professional.

I do have insurance, but don't want to file a claim for this. Great info on the epoxy vs. silicone! Thank you!
Weatherstrip adhesive would be the most appropriate for that repair. Squirt some in the channel, shove it up over the lip and tape it in place. If you wanted to mimic the factory install, get some 1/4" butyl rubber rope and use it.