What parts do I need for SYE conversion?

A standard SYE is good, it’s just longer, so your driveshaft is shorter. That means the driveshaft angle is steeper. If your lift is 1-3” and you’re not planning a tummy tuck, you’ll be fine with standard.

A SS SYE is good too, it’s just shorter, so your driveshaft can be longer. That means the driveshaft angle is less steep. If your lift is 4”+ and/or you are planning a tummy tuck, you’ll want a SS SYE.
So lets say I have a 2.5 inch lift now, and I want to go to 4 inch. Standard SYE or SS SYE?

It definitely is in my future build plans, as I plan to go up to a 4 inch lift. If i do an SYE now, and go to a 4 inch lift in the future, how will I have to modify or adjust the parts I install now? Will it be easy/inexpensive or the opposite?
You'll only need to change your pinion angle if you lift higher. So the transfer case and drive shaft will be good to go, you'll change the pinion angle with adjustable control arms. Inexpensive because you already have the new control arms in place.

Reactions: hear
So lets say I have a 2.5 inch lift now, and I want to go to 4 inch. Standard SYE or SS SYE?
@JMT summed it up for you. At 4" of lift you're right at the limit of being ok with the standard SYE. Some folks get by just fine with it. I've heard of others who ended up needing to swap the standard out for the SHORTY version. Those are the guys in the "I wish I'd gone with the Super-Short kit in the first place" crowd.

At the time that I was doing my SYE I was on 2.5" lift. I installed the Super-Short kit from JB because I was planning for a tummy tuck down the road. I'm now on 3" springs and have finished the tummy tuck. In my case, the SHORTY kit made the difference and I was able to go with a belly skid that's flat to my frame.

Reactions: JMT
You could go either way. If you even have an inkling of doing a tummy tuck in the future, even a small one, I’d go with the SS. Otherwise, if you’re going to be happy forever with the fat belly, then standard.

@armaunr

what the tummy tuck looks like when complete. It is a lot of work, but worth every inch.
5EEF6666-0ADC-4D9B-BEBA-1B94A1F6D044.jpeg

I’ve got a SYE on my list of things to do but haven’t gotten there yet. I had bad vibes with just a 2” lift. You can lower the transfer case skid plate an inch to smooth them out for the time being as you gather parts/money/etc for the job. Any TC drop spacers or even washers will work. That’s what I’m doing until I can afford the upgrade.

Reactions: hear
Advance Adapters SYE (left) vs JB Conversions super short SYE (right). 2" shorter if I remember correctly. I absolutely had to upgrade to the JB when I installed my savvy tuck. I recommend the super short to everyone, absolutely nothing wrong with a shallower driveshaft angle. If you do go this route, factor in another $150 for the blue monkey speedo healer, or make your own if you have a little bit of electrical knowledge.

20160804_083727.jpg

20200426_162254.jpg

Info on how to make your own speedohealer:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-make-a-speedohealer-harness.27169/