What regulator are you using for a 10 lb. CO2 tank?

suicideking

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
What regulator are you using for a 10lb? The one i have maxes out at 100 psi. Just wondering if I can/should get one that allows more pressure to air up faster?

Also, my tank just expired (5 years). How much are you paying to re-cert? The place I get it filled gave me a local number, but didn't know how much they charge.

What regulator are you using for a 10lb? The one i have maxes out at 100 psi. Just wondering if I can/should get one that allows more pressure to air up faster?

150 psi fixed. They're all pretty much the same at the same price no matter where you get them:

https://www.polyperformance.com/poly-performance-co2-fixed-regulator-227c-150

https://preeceproducts.com/products/ols/products/series-1000-fixed-flow-150psi-piston-regulator

Also, my tank just expired (5 years). How much are you paying to re-cert? The place I get it filled gave me a local number, but didn't know how much they charge.

IDK, I've read that some industrial gas suppliers exchange tanks even if they're expired.

Reactions: suicideking
I put my regulator together using parts from my local hardware store plus the regulator itself from Poly Performance at http://www.eadoffroad.com/poly-performance-ppi-2302-02-co2-fixed-regulator

What I liked about doing it myself was that I could use a 'universal' style quick disconnect which accepts both style male connectors that are commonly used. Stores like Harbor Freight have all three style quick disconnects, the third type being the one that accepts other two.

This is how I configured mine, the brass fittings hanging from the bottom of the regulator are easily found at nearly any hardware store.

Regulator-2.jpg

That setup refills a 35x12.50x15 tire from 8 to 25 psi in under a minute.

Don't add any silly gauges to that regulator, they don't show any useful information since the pressure inside the tank stays the same no matter how much CO2 is in the tank. The pressure only falls off once it's nearly empty.

Or you can buy it already put together at http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=192327720568 but I doubt they're bothering to use the universal style connector. Perhaps they'd tell you if you sent a message to the seller.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I looked at my receipts, turns out that is the regulator I have. Though it's not as fast as you or many others report. It's not slow, but still takes me a few minutes per tire. When I'm inflating, don't think the pressure goes over 100. I'll have to keep an eye on it next time.

I've been debating whether or not to get a compressor. The tank seemed more of a no brainer when I was getting it filled for around $14. Since new years it's gone up to $20. I know the dual ARB is pricey, but it would eventually pay itself off.

What size air line and fittings are you using? Mine are 3/8 I.D. throughout and my setup produces the fast fill time I described above. Not all air lines and fittings flow equal CFM amounts.

I looked at my receipts, turns out that is the regulator I have. Though it's not as fast as you or many others report. It's not slow, but still takes me a few minutes per tire. When I'm inflating, don't think the pressure goes over 100. I'll have to keep an eye on it next time.

I've been debating whether or not to get a compressor. The tank seemed more of a no brainer when I was getting it filled for around $14. Since new years it's gone up to $20. I know the dual ARB is pricey, but it would eventually pay itself off.
Are you sure you don’t have an adjustable regulator? Here is my reason besides the fill up time for co2. Reliability. I’ve seen some failures with the arb compressors and wouldn’t want that out in the middle of no where. $540 for compressor or $120 for a tank and regulator. That’s $420 and $20 bucks a fill up would be 21 fills or about 500 tires. (Rough est) just to break even. I think price wise they are closer then you think over the long run.

I searched my emails and I have the Poly Performance 150 psi apparently:

[TD valign="top"]PPI-2302-02[/TD][TD valign="top"]
1​
[/TD][TD valign="top"]CO2 Regulator, 150 Constant Flow[/TD]

Not sure what size my fittings are. I think it was a Harbor Freight fitting pack. I'll have to see if I have the package still. The hose is a braided line I got on Amazon:

1/4" X 25', Blue, 25 ft
300 PSI working/1200 PSI burst pressure

Link to hose

I found the fitting kit I bought, looks like it's 1/4", so maybe that's the problem:

Air fittings

I do need another hose for a new air compressor I bought for home. So if you have links to the hose and fittings suggested, please post.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
https://www.lumberjocks.com/topics/...xt=If you have a large,a flow above 13.35 CFM.

Using this as my source @Jerry Bransford. This says having any 1/4 inch fitting, hose or other connection will limit the flow. The regulator that you linked has a 1/4 inch connection. I know this is talking about compressors and tank size but I'm pretty sure co2 output is more then a compressor. Again I'm not an expert but looking for a clarification on what you think.

First if you have a compressor with a high output you immediately restrict your max air flow to 13.35 CFM if you have any quarter inch fittings, hoses or other connections in your set up. Second, you still can benefit from a 3/8th inch hose if your compressor can’t output more than 13.35 CFM. If you have a large tank, as long as your output pressure remains above 90 PSI, with a 3/8th inch hose you still can get a flow above 13.35 CFM