What rims and tires do you guys like and or recommend? (Looking for 33s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save yourself some money and stick wit 15" wheels, there is no need to go 16" or 17" even if you get free 16" wheels.
I agree. My prior LJ had 15’s and I was very happy. My current LJ has 17’s and I’m looking to go back to 15’s when it’s time for a tire change.

On the 15x8 rim, should I look for a specific offset and backspace?

I would say go with painted (low maintenance) aluminum with rim lips that can take clamp-on weights for a dynamic balance (and make sure they are dynamically balanced).

I went with the black Pro Comp style 69. Lightweight, simple, cheap, and has traditional rims that can mount clamp-on weights. Mine are 15x8 with 3.75” backspacing and 35s.

Last edited:
The current rims are powder coated and were peeling terribly when I got it. Sanded the crap out of them and painted but just a matter of time until they will need it again.

20201019_171243.jpg

Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme in 15x8. Inexpensive, great fit and OEM look.

Reactions: Ephry73
I'm running 33x12.5 tires with a 2" BB lift and no added bump stops with no problems. Its my daily driver so its mostly on the road but I take it off road on the weekends through wooded trails and have never rubbed a fender. I don't do any rock crawling which I'm sure would be a problem if I needed full articulation but for what I do, its fine. So yeah if you wanted to add 33's now and a lift later, it can be done.

I went with Black Rock Viper 900 series 15x8 wheels and Milestar Patagonia M/T 33x12.5R15 tires. The tires ride smooth, are quiet on the road and have plenty of grip off road.

View attachment 178494
Wooded trails is nothing more than a dirt or gravel road. I assure you, if you articulate, your tires can easily go into the seam on the fender.

Wooded trails is nothing more than a dirt or gravel road. I assure you, if you articulate, your tires can easily go into the seam on the fender.
You're correct which is why I clearly stated "I don't do any rock crawling which I'm sure would be a problem if I needed full articulation but for what I do, its fine."

You're correct which is why I clearly stated "I don't do any rock crawling which I'm sure would be a problem if I needed full articulation but for what I do, its fine."
Hey, if you want to contribute something, that’s great. It’s just that it seems in this that the OP wanted to do a little more than drive down dirt and gravel roads. He’s not full on rock crawling, but he’s trailering and this is 80% off-road rig, he wants it to be plenty capable for 33’s. 33’s can do a lot when set up properly. There’s very few places they can’t go. He could encounter downed trees, large rocks, ledges, water, mud, gulches, et al. Point is, he’s going to articulate and 2” of lift without a lot of bumpstop is not going to be sufficient for what he’s doing.

Hey, if you want to contribute something, that’s great. It’s just that it seems in this that the OP wanted to do a little more than drive down dirt and gravel roads. He’s not full on rock crawling, but he’s trailering and this is 80% off-road rig, he wants it to be plenty capable for 33’s. 33’s can do a lot when set up properly. There’s very few places they can’t go. He could encounter downed trees, large rocks, ledges, water, mud, gulches, et al. Point is, he’s going to articulate and 2” of lift without a lot of bumpstop is not going to be sufficient for what he’s doing.

Gee, thanks for giving me your blessing allowing me to contribute to this site, I was unaware I needed that. I have to wonder though, are you completely incompetent and unable to comprehend what I wrote or are you accusing the OP of being unable to understand what I wrote? If you're a little slow, allow me to break it down for you so maybe you can understand me a little clearer. I was saying that you can run 33" tires with 2" of lift, you wouldn't have full articulation but it works so if he wanted to get the wheels and tires now and the lift later, he could. Not everyone can afford to buy new wheels, tires and a complete lift at once, I know I couldn't. Which is why I added the new wheels and tires and can enjoy driving my jeep until I get my lift which I was simply letting him know he could do the same if that's what he wanted.

Gee, thanks for giving me your blessing allowing me to contribute to this site, I was unaware I needed that. I have to wonder though, are you completely incompetent and unable to comprehend what I wrote or are you accusing the OP of being unable to understand what I wrote? If you're a little slow, allow me to break it down for you so maybe you can understand me a little clearer. I was saying that you can run 33" tires with 2" of lift, you wouldn't have full articulation but it works so if he wanted to get the wheels and tires now and the lift later, he could. Not everyone can afford to buy new wheels, tires and a complete lift at once, I know I couldn't. Which is why I added the new wheels and tires and can enjoy driving my jeep until I get my lift which I was simply letting him know he could do the same if that's what he wanted.
I'm not fucking slow idiot. I didn't see that part, for that I apologize. Since I DIDN'T see it, I didn't think your post was relevant. MORE TACT on your part would be readily acceptable by me in addressing that part. I'm ready to be corrected if I give shit information or distort people's statements.

I was trying to be kind with my remarks regarding contributing something to the forum. Obviously, I don't give people permission to do that, but in light of the fact that I didn't see your sentence about progression of build, my statement wouldn't be regarded as kind by you, now would it? Though your response really pisses me off, I'm not going to stoop to your level now which consists of calling me "completely incompetent" and "a little slow."

My wheels are 15x8 Vision D slots on 33x12.5x15 Bfg KM3’s. 2 inch budget boost lift. No rubs.

View attachment 201369

View attachment 201370
To repeat in this thread, since the OP wants to do quite a bit more than drive around on pavement, this post is entirely irrelevant. The OP can thank me later.

I like how clean your Jeep looks, and love black wheels on white. Hardtop looks mint!

I'm not fucking slow idiot. I didn't see that part, for that I apologize. Since I DIDN'T see it, I didn't think your post was relevant. MORE TACT on your part would be readily acceptable by me in addressing that part. I'm ready to be corrected if I give shit information or distort people's statements.

I was trying to be kind with my remarks regarding contributing something to the forum. Obviously, I don't give people permission to do that, but in light of the fact that I didn't see your sentence about progression of build, my statement wouldn't be regarded as kind by you, now would it? Though your response really pisses me off, I'm not going to stoop to your level now which consists of calling me "completely incompetent" and "a little slow."
Reading truly is fundamental. Its just sad to see our education system fail this country's children the way it has. Buck up little guy, I hear life is harder when you're stupid, its probably not your fault though. Maybe instead of hijacking the OP's thread with your BS, just go take a nap, you seem cranky.

Reading truly is fundamental. Its just sad to see our education system fail this country's children the way it has. Buck up little guy, I hear life is harder when you're stupid, its probably not your fault though. Maybe instead of hijacking the OP's thread with your BS, just go take a nap, you seem cranky.
I am cranky, but obviously forums are not textbooks you study for taking tests. They are glancing quick reads. Not only am I multilingual in Spanish and a weekly student of Koine Greek, as well as a University professor, I have published articles in professional journals in two fields, and am a homeschool father. We don't have enough room for books. I personally have 3,000 hard volumes and over 5,000 digital books that I basically live in every week for my profession. Now that you don't accept my admission of missing that one part of your post, my ΚΙΝDNESS, (that's called the Oxford comma) and APOLOGY and continue to insult me by claiming I can't "read," all I can say is Go FUCK YOURSELF and respectfully ask @Chris to kick your unforgiving, critical ass off this otherwise fine forum.

This thread devolved pretty quickly into a shouting match. Perhaps political tensions are still high?

I'm going to lock this thread down for a while and hopefully everyone can cool their jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.