What seal would correspond to this leak?

Jramos013

Supporting Member
Hi everyone. I have a soft top and Im having a leak on my drivers side, apparently from where the plastic surround meets the windshield its running all the way down from the inside. Found water between the lower part of the sorround and the rubber end, and on top of the carpet, and in top of the floor carpet. Floor pans where dry. The door seals where replaced about two years ago and they are not pinched. Attached are some pics, what seals could be responsible for the water comming in?

Thanks everyone

49705B13-86BD-4016-8EE3-97A362CAAC5F.jpeg

985D9CD2-2044-4100-BD37-0C13B74E7C48.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
that's going to be a tough one to diagnose over the internet. It could be just about anything rubber in that area or anywhere that the top and the windshield frame meet. It could even be from damage or rust behind the visible molding around the windshield due to a poor installation. Your best bet is to have someone spray water starting in that corner while you sit inside and watch after removing that plastic surround. Sometimes leak locations can be obvious, sometimes not. If you see some leakage but can't figure out where exactly it's coming from, drying everything off and sealing various areas on the outside with tape can help you narrow it down further but even that could take a few tries of taping, untaping, retaping somewhere else or keeping the tape in place and adding tape in other locations.

I'm only saying this because I've checked for various leaks on several vehicles for different reasons. The hardest leak I ever found was the lower air vents on a 1965 Mustang that the owner was convinced the person that installed the windshield caused. To be honest, I don't think he believed I was right about that even when the mechanic and I showed him two different times.

Reactions: Jramos013
The windshield has never been off. Im going to remove the plastic cover and spray it. It seems to be coming down from the top and going down behind that cover. Im thinking of replacing all the seals in the area just for good measure.

The windshield has never been off. Im going to remove the plastic cover and spray it. It seems to be coming down from the top and going down behind that cover. Im thinking of replacing all the seals in the area just for good measure.
i've got both top and bottom windshield seals on order as well as the hood-cowl weatherstrip to try and fix that stupid floorboard leak.