What seats are you running?

OEM now but really want to upgrade to something with a headrest. Would love to use seats from a 2013 Edge [my other ride].

i just installed a drivers seat from a 02 Hyundai Tiburon. Much better than the worn out factory seat, but having some issues with the rail hitting the seat belt retainer and not allowing the belt to extend/retract. Should be an easy fix with some cutting to the rails, overall it was a great upgrade for less than $50.
Andy - I've installed Tiburon seats in 3 Jeeps including a TJ & LJ and think they are a great way to go. The link below may answer your question. If it doesn't let me know in that thread and I would be happy to help if I can.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...buron-seats-in-a-jeep-wrangler-tj.2997/page-2

Last edited:
2005 Hyundai Tiburon seats. Less than $50 at the local U Pull-N-Pay. A couple of pieces of 2" flat stock to make mounting brackets. Firm and comfortable. Unlike Andy, I've had no issues with them hitting the seat belt retainer. They fit perfectly in the space.

Seats.jpg

Same here, though I only went with the 2" wider seat for the passenger side since I never know who's going to be sitting there. Now that it's been there for several years I wish I had gone standard width on the passengers side since it rubs on the console and makes it hard to raise the lid up all the way. My girlishly slim 36" waist fits fine in the standard width and holds me just like I like.

This is when they were still new, clean, and pretty. One nice benefit to buying PRP is they are made here in the US, most other brands are imported from China.

View attachment 119404
one last question, what model are those? thanks Jerry 😁

I run the PRP’s I really like them they really hold me place on the trails. I got the 2” extra wide after sitting in both. The shop I ordered them through recommended them because even though the regular fit was fine it is nice to have a little more movement in them.

I also picked up the 2x3 padded harness for up front and the 2x2 padded harness for the rear( smaller waist for kids)
What shop did you go to when you sat in them? I'd like to get a feel before i order any.

I went to “those guys rod and customs” in Bremerton. They have some in stock to test out but then custom order yours. The price was great, and they had them in when they said they would. I think
They can have them shipped to your house. There not just a rod shop, they do a lot of off road stuff also

I went to “those guys rod and customs” in Bremerton. They have some in stock to test out but then custom order yours. The price was great, and they had them in when they said they would. I think
They can have them shipped to your house. There not just a rod shop, they do a lot of off road stuff also
Great, thank you. I'll have to make the trip out to give them a try.

Daily Driver.
Thanks Jerry, i think those are the one's i'm be interested in.

Great, thank you. I'll have to make the trip out to give them a try.

Thanks Jerry, i think those are the one's i'm be interested in.
Don't let their fixed seat back angle scare you. I was concerned about that too before finally plunging forward with them but they worked out great. They have a perfect angle, even for an old guy like me, so good that I never regret not having gone with adjustable seat back angle seats. They are ultra-comfortable.

Reactions: Vasq
Don't let their fixed seat back angle scare you. I was concerned about that too before finally plunging forward with them but they worked out great. They have a perfect angle, even for an old guy like me, so good that I never regret not having gone with adjustable seat back angle seats. They are ultra-comfortable.
that's good to hear. the only other thing i'm wondering about is the height. using a tape measure in my computer chair i was trying to see how i would fit in them. width wise i think they look like they should be good, but i might get the 4" added height, which according to my rudimentary measuring should be about equal to the factory seats. I'm 6'0" for example.

that's good to hear. the only other thing i'm wondering about is the height. using a tape measure in my computer chair i was trying to see how i would fit in them. width wise i think they look like they should be good, but i might get the 4" added height, which according to my rudimentary measuring should be about equal to the factory seats. I'm 6'0" for example.
They sit on the factory seat bases, no need to add 4". I'm 5-11, the stock Daily Driver on the factory seat base using the adapter brackets available from PRP should be perfect for you.

They sit on the factory seat bases, no need to add 4". I'm 5-11, the stock Daily Driver on the factory seat base using the adapter brackets available from PRP should be perfect for you.
Oh i did't mean height as in from the floor i thought it would make the back of the seat taller? maybe i'm not understanding what they meant by the added 4 inches. I'll just have to shoot them a call next week and find out some stuff. thanks for your help ✌

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I’m running the premier series high backs , I fit super good at a 34” waist( I have a good amount of room) and I’m also short at 5’6”. I’m glad I got them but... with the sides being so high they take some getting used to getting out of, getting in is as much of a problem. If I were taller I probably would regret them and the daily driver would be the way to go. I also agree on the fixed back. Super comfortable and no need to adjust them. As for brackets I just make my own set.

I also highly recommend their harness, the 3x2 are super nice, and the shoulder harnesses are padded real good. Also easy to adjust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasq
I’m running the premier series high backs , I fit super good at a 34” waist( I have a good amount of room) and I’m also short at 5’7”. I’m glad I got them but... with the sides being so high they take some getting used to getting out of, getting in is as much of a problem. If I were taller I probably would regret them and the daily driver would be the way to go. I also agree on the fixed back. Super comfortable and no need to adjust them. As for brackets I just make my own set.

I also highly recommend their harness, the 3x2 are super nice, and the shoulder harnesses are padded real good. Also easy to adjust.
all good info. i plan on just using the factory seat belts for the foreseeable future, I'll re-evaluate whenever i replace the roll cage.

Andy - I've installed Tiburon seats in 3 Jeeps including a TJ & LJ and think they are a great way to go. The link below may answer your question. If it doesn't let me know in that thread and I would be happy to help if I can.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...buron-seats-in-a-jeep-wrangler-tj.2997/page-2

Did a little trimming of the flat bar on the drivers side and it resolved all issues. I was playing it safe and left them too long which caused the bar to sit on top of the seat belt retainer. When sitting in the seat my weight was resting on the retainer and the seat belt would not extend/retract. 30 minutes with a dremel cutting disc and all is well. I appreciate the follow up... Gotta love this site!