What serpentine belt for 2006 TJ?

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
Time to buy a spare. need a part number or type for an o6 I have power steering and air con but there are so many not sure of the correct type.

Cheers

Geez $79 au to buy here $33 au from rockauto!
Codes in Australia are different but its for the 06

https://www.repco.com.au/en/parts-s...-drive-belt-6-rib-x-2240mm-6pk2240/p/A9419794
GATES K060882 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Micro-V Info
Heart.png

w/ Air Conditioning
prevIMGbig.png
K060882-1_TOP_R__ra_t.jpg
nextIMGbig.png
AU$33.42
qty_down_white.png
qty_up_white.png

Last edited:
Geez $79 au to buy here $33 au from rockauto!
Codes in Australia are different but its for the 06

https://www.repco.com.au/en/parts-s...-drive-belt-6-rib-x-2240mm-6pk2240/p/A9419794
GATES K060882 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Micro-V Info View attachment 283991
w/ Air Conditioning
AU$33.42
I’d replace the idler and tensioner pulley while you’re in there. If it needs a belt those other items are likely due as well.

Reactions: Fishtaco
I’d replace the idler and tensioner pulley while you’re in there. If it needs a belt those other items are likely due as well.
Belt on there is fine but I thought I would carry a spare for road trips, Not sure if its common for them to break or not?

Good info. My tensioner idler started a tick last tank of gas. Is a dorman replacement ok?

Belt on there is fine but I thought I would carry a spare for road trips, Not sure if its common for them to break or not?
Breaks are not common. Replace the belt and carry the old one as a spare, that's what I do. I use Continental, it's a bigger company and makes better stuff. Continental makes good hoses too and they've been around longer than Gates. Everybody has an opinion right?

Globalization! Did you know I cannot view prices of products on US amazon anymore? It just shows the product and "Not Available" Ebay did this first a few years ago so we couldnt buy cheaper priced US goods and have to pay local price for same product! just like the belt $33 au from rockauto or $79 au from here!

Breaks are not common. Replace the belt and carry the old one as a spare, that's what I do. I use Continental, it's a bigger company and makes better stuff. Continental makes good hoses too and they've been around longer than Gates. Everybody has an opinion right?
Do you have a part number? continental belts on amazon australia are only $42 au as apposed to Gates $79 au

I put a new tensioner/idler and idler today. I noticed after I installed the PSC pump (smaller diameter pulley) that the idlers are really close together. Is there a shorter version of the serpentine belt available? How much shorter should it be?

6C8F5331-9D95-4C90-A87B-1FE680CC84C2.jpeg

I have a spare belt tucked under the engine bay fuse box. theres just enough room there to fit it like it was intended to be used to hold a spare belt. ive never snapped a serpentine belt before but ive seen enough of them on the roads lately that I considered keeping a spare handy.

consider replacing your belt and keeping the old belt tucked under the fuse box as a backup spare.

Reactions: Fishtaco
I put a new tensioner/idler and idler today. I noticed after I installed the PSC pump (smaller diameter pulley) that the idlers are really close together. Is there a shorter version of the serpentine belt available? How much shorter should it be?

View attachment 286068
There are varying sizes and hard for me to convert MM to fractions under an 1/8th but its the reason I asked as the belts I looked up varied quite a bit on the "With A/C" some are smaller than others but if the code I gave worked for @pargrey then I should be good!
By the way they are all made in China!

Reactions: WSS