What should I do to make it more agile and fun for daily driver?

Maybee 32s with the 4:10. I vote for regear and keep 33s. Just because you dont want to spend the money doesn't mean you wont😜

Don't wink at me.

I say install some lowering springs.

View attachment 243498
If 4 lowering springs are too expenisve, just buy the rears to get that CAROLINA SQUAT!!!!
bj3lkyblkfn51.jpg

Everyone, I have this six speed manual transmission TJ Rubicon and I am trying to figure out what should I do make it more agile/peppy and fun to drive around city and see me freeway as in daily driver.
For some reason I am finding it's not up to the task and I am not sure what is wrong.
Whether it's the 6 gear or the rubicon gear ratio or the lift and wider tire are the issue?
Prior to this I had a 5 speed manual TJ Sahara mostly stock but it was much much more fun and enjoyable but sold it due to lots of issues with it's rust.
Can anyone share some experience and suggestions.

It's running on 33x12.5 Falken wildpeak with some Pro Comp wheel. Bilstein shocks and some Red color springs brand unknown to me. It has 3-4 inch lift not sure exactly how much.
It has an ARB tire carrier gate and heavy duty rear bumper and also some very good quality front bumper. It also has a winch and center mounted pod lights. Any suggestions for how to make it agile without breaking bank.

View attachment 243480

View attachment 243481
Re-gear.

or

Put it back to stock and remove the heavy rear bumper and winch. Sell parts. Profit.

Sometimes less is more! If off roading mods are not for off roading then it becomes just for looks/styling preference.
"All fur coat and no knickers" if you will.

I would like to keep it stock. For sale every damn accessory other than Ridgid light pods.
Put up a wanted thread on this site asking for stock coil springs and shocks. Just gather all the stock suspension components and put it back when you have them all. Then switch down to a 31, maybe even on those current wheels and sell the parts.

It will take time and effort, but you may end up making some money back.

Put up a wanted thread on this site asking for stock coil springs and shocks. Just gather all the stock suspension components and put it back when you have them all. Then switch down to a 31, maybe even on those current wheels and sell the parts.

I’ve got some Rubicon LJ, err UnLimited, springs.

I am exploring that idea seriously.

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
I’ve got some Rubicon LJ, err UnLimited, springs.
That's what I'm saying. If he asked around here he would have some stock components for cheap or free if he pays shipping. Then he would have no excuse not to return to stock height. It will drive the way he wants, it just won't LOOK like it currently does.

But who cares, he wants it to drive like his other Jeep he said that was stock.

Take it from someone who has been down this path before, weight makes a massive difference on these things. That rear bumper looks unnecessarily heavy 😉
Someone told me it's 400lbs not sure if he meant with tire on or just bumper and tire carrier

That's what I'm saying. If he asked around here he would have some stock components for cheap or free if he pays shipping. Then he would have no excuse not to return to stock height. It will drive the way he wants, it just won't LOOK like it currently does.

But who cares, he wants it to drive like his other Jeep he said that was stock.
Ya I don't want to go around town and show off hey I'm riding higher.

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
Not sure which part of CA your in but i have stock springs, shocks, links etc freshly removed from a 68k 02 x model if you get to AZ. Maybe we can work out a trade on something if you decide to remove items from yours

I have 5 factory Jeep 15x8 Ravine wheels. But shipping to Cali may be spendy, not sure.