What should I do to make it more agile and fun for daily driver?

Not sure which part of CA your in but i have stock springs, shocks, links etc freshly removed from a 68k 02 x model if you get to AZ. Maybe we can work out a trade on something if you decide to remove items from yours
You keep the full Jeep lol I'm getting some thoughts to do full trade in maybe. But I will touch base with you again if I want to just get them off.

I would like to keep it stock. For sale every damn accessory other than Ridgid light pods.
Welcome to the back to Stock club :)
The problem is you possibly bought it because of its looks and mods and may not like stock look if you start to swap things backwards. So if you like it then re gear is your other option.

You keep the full Jeep lol I'm getting some thoughts to do full trade in maybe. But I will touch base with you again if I want to just get them off.
Yeah no worries my offer was for the stock items not the full Jeep i have, plan to keep it if i understand your reply correctly. Good luck on your decision though whichever direction you decide

With everyone’s spare parts we could put together a FrankenJeep, like Johnny Cash did with a Cadillac.
hqdefault.jpg

No I bought it because of clean frame and lesser miles 86k and manual transmission and scarcity in market to find good condition Jeep. I even didn't know what is the cost of accessories.
We

Welcome to the back to Stock club :)
The problem is you possibly bought it because of its looks and mods and may not like stock look if you start to swap things backwards. So if you like it then re gear is your other option.

Someone told me it's 400lbs not sure if he meant with tire on or just bumper and tire carrier
I would guess without the spare it’s probably around 150-200 lbs.

Still, compare that with a aluminum rear bumper which would weigh around 10-15 lbs.

No I bought it because of clean frame and lesser miles 86k and manual transmission and scarcity in market to find good condition Jeep. I even didn't know what is the cost of accessories.
Gather your stock parts up and do it all at once so you are not off the road too long, sell all your parts and possibly make some cash.
I am sure you could get stock bumpers and tire carrier for free and stock 15,s or 16,s for really cheap, although cheap reciprocating saws have done some damage to parts! Cut a bit off here cut a bit off there, Mmm think I will buy a new bumper lol

I would guess without the spare it’s probably around 150-200 lbs.

Still, compare that with a aluminum rear bumper which would weigh around 10-15 lbs.

This is why I ride stock bumpers. I am gonna cut my front bumper someday and make it midlength.

Reactions: Sancho
This is why I ride stock bumpers. I am gonna cut my front bumper someday and make it midlength.

Honestly, that's not a bad idea given how light they are. Sure, they can't take a hit like an aftermarket bumper, but as long as you aren't bouncing off rocks it shouldn't matter.

I've had a number of those crappy steel bumpers and most of them weigh close to or more than 100 lbs. You add that up front and rear and you've got a ton of extra weight you're carrying around that definitely makes for a heavier (and less fun to drive) TJ.

Problem is, it's one of those things where people don't know what they don't know (as Blaine would say).

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
Problem is, it's one of those things where people don't know what they don't know (as Blaine would say).
You don't understand until it's too late. So it's marketing vs forum advice from strangers. And then once you get it, you understand but then it's too late.

I just need a compound miter saw that can cut metal. I could use a reciprocating saw but I have the hand-eye coordination of Michael J Fox.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
You don't understand until it's too late. So it's marketing vs forum advice from strangers. And then once you get it, you understand but then it's too late.

Yep, and then you've spent a lot of money just to do it over again.

I've been down that path before with Smittybilt bumpers, Rough Country lifts, etc.

If I could do it all over again, I would have done more research and found a select few people to take advice from based off their experience.

Live and learn though (y)

Reactions: Claybirdd