What should I do with an all black TJ hard top?

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
Paint correction or just decal it to break it up?
Sick of cleaning it already as it shows every blemish a day later, only time the paint looks good is when its wet!

Paint correction or just decal it to break it up?
Sick of cleaning it already as it shows every blemish a day later, only time the paint looks good is when its wet!
Has it been corrected? A correction will show no flaws and should be sealed, making it very easy to clean and keep clean.

There's a write-up here where the guy did a deep clean with magic erasers, and then buffed it out and sealed it.

Keep it clean and black. No decals needed.
Chris I will make sure to put this in section f of the 2021 forum handbook under hardtop guidelines.

Let me know if I need to add a penalty for stickers.

Andy G
Assistant director of Compliance
and Forum handbook editorial staff member

Sorry i was on the beer last night while posting, its the entire jeep not just the hard top.
Never seen a paint correction so not sure whats involved? Shines like a diamond from 20 feet away.

• Haha
Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Sorry i was on the beer last night while posting, its the entire jeep not just the hard top.
Never seen a paint correction so not sure whats involved? Shines like a diamond from 20 feet away.
Often a professional would do the correcting. It involves washing, deconning, claying, polishing, and sealing the paint. You’ll have paint that is flawless.
Most vehicles need correction. Even brand new cars could benefit from paint correction.

Paint naturally gets swirls and light scratches in it from washing, drying, etc.

1FB4C0B5-1E85-485C-9394-3C10FE6CF7A6.jpeg
F17D4FBE-5EDE-4A14-A45B-3549D3D28DD0.jpeg
C3C3C1E9-B1B7-467E-80A1-F6A6418A0A6D.png
C94671CE-5F9F-42CA-9186-959A41C39BD2.jpeg

Chris I will make sure to put this in section f of the 2021 forum handbook under hardtop guidelines.

Let me know if I need to add a penalty for stickers.

Andy G
Assistant director of Compliance
and Forum handbook editorial staff member and WTJF Brand and Fun Ambassador
FIFY

Yeah, you were on the 🍻 last night. I thought this was about putting decals on a hardtop. Turns out it’s about the tub paint. 🤣