What should I price my TJ at for a quick sale?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions on what to price my TJ at for a quick sale.

The TJ in question is a 2006 Rubicon with 73,XXX miles. It is a 6-speed manual and in very, very good condition. A CarFax report shows it was purchased in Scottsdale, Arizona and spent the majority of it's life in Arizona, Nevada, and a brief time in Oregon.

Because of this, there is no rust on the underside (other than the typical axle surface rust), which I made sure of before buying it.

It is completely stock and drives excellent. Under the hood is so clean you could eat off of it, and the tires are brand new 265s.

Here's the dilemma I am having. It had silver half doors which I took off to put on my new TJ Rubicon only because for the life of me I could not find a set of clean half doors. I decided to put the Bestop 2-piece soft doors on it and my thought was I would either find a set of silver full doors for it, or just sell it for a discounted price with these 2-piece soft doors.

So that begs the question, would anyone even consider buying a TJ with only soft doors? How much do you think I should ask for it if so?

Or should I really just look for a set of silver doors and put them on? My thought is that a set of silver full doors is probably $600-$1000 at most, so if I discounted that off the price of the vehicle, maybe someone would buy it?

Looking for a quick sale, so I don't want to price it unreasonably.

@zebra12, @psrivats, and @BuildBreakRepeat have all seen this vehicle in person and they can vouch that it is indeed a clean TJ (y)

IMG_7743.jpg

Reactions: Rick Flair
15k sounds reasonable. Looking at CR there are not many in your area for sale.

Reactions: Chris
@Starrs needs to chime in.

Clean Rubicon's aren't hard to sell unless the price is stupid high.

That's what I would do if I was in your shoes.

I'd actually like to keep it and have two, but the biggest thing is I don't have enough garage space (and I'm not okay with leaving it outside), and I don't want to pay full coverage on it, which I would have to since I owe the bank some money on it still.

And who am I kidding, I don't need two money pits anyways :LOL:

I crawled all over that TJ. 😉

Yeah, I’d go 15k and take 14k to make it move quick. It’s a toy. The door thing sucks but price will move it. I’d even through out a “hey, I’ll help you find a nice set of doors through my forum” to finish the deal.

Sign them up! Some doors (if that is the deal breaker) will pop up.

I'd actually like to keep it and have two, but the biggest thing is I don't have enough garage space (and I'm not okay with leaving it outside), and I don't want to pay full coverage on it, which I would have to since I owe the bank some money on it still.

And who am I kidding, I don't need two money pits anyways :LOL:
Ya, you certainly don't need 2 rubicons. If I was going to own two jeeps one would be an older Willys or CJ for easier trails or cruising around town. Maybe if 1 of them was a LJ(R) it would be more tempting but it's not like you'd choose to take the silver one on trails with the family over the khaki one. Unless of course you go insane with the build and make it a dedicated 2 seater crawler.

I crawled all over that TJ. 😉

Yeah, I’d go 15k and take 14k to make it move quick. It’s a toy. The door thing sucks but price will move it. I’d even through out a “hey, I’ll help you find a nice set of doors through my forum” to finish the deal.

Sign them up! Some doors (if that is the deal breaker) will pop up.

It's so friggin' hard to find clean half doors. I've actually found plenty of full doors in silver, those aren't hard. But half doors in any color in good shape...forget about it!

Ya, you certainly don't need 2 rubicons. If I was going to own two jeeps one would be an older Willys or CJ for easier trails or cruising around town. Maybe if 1 of them was a LJR it would be more tempting but it's not like you'd choose to take the silver one on trails with the family over the khaki one. Unless of course you go insain with the build and make it a dedicated 2 seater crawler.

Yep, I don't think I want to own two Jeeps at all unless one is just for spare parts. I mean man, it would be cool to have a spare set of axles, 241OR transfer case, etc.! Not that I need them, but you know, just incase something ever happened.

Still, with as little as I drive one, having two would just mean driving them even less.

Reactions: Alex01
It's so friggin' hard to find clean half doors. I've actually found plenty of full doors in silver, those aren't hard. But half doors in any color in good shape...forget about it!

Yep, I don't think I want to own two Jeeps at all unless one is just for spare parts. I mean man, it would be cool to have a spare set of axles, 241OR transfer case, etc.! Not that I need them, but you know, just incase something ever happened.

Still, with as little as I drive one, having two would just mean driving them even less.
If you're after spares start searching the salvage auctions. Start flooding the site with used parts and let me know when you find a set of half doors in Silverstone metallic.

Get some full doors if you think it will bring more.

I bought mine with full doors (a want) and beat up hard top which I didn’t care about. I love the full doors and twill soft top for the cold and off months.

The rest of the time is no doors and panels off.

I’d buy some skins for half doors but really, I don’t see a need for em.

Start flooding the site with used parts and let me know when you find a set of half doors in Silverstone metallic.

You mean like the ones I currently have on my khaki TJ? :LOL: Or are those a different shade of silver?

Get some full doors if you think it will bring more.

I bought mine with full doors (a want) and beat up hard top which I didn’t care about. I love the full doors and twill soft top for the cold and off months.

The rest of the time is no doors and panels off.

I’d buy some skins for half doors but really, I don’t see a need for em.

Yes, I found a set of full doors here locally for $600 that are already silver. I need to go check them out. If they are near perfect I will buy them for sure as it will add value.

Honestly, if I lived anywhere else I would want full doors, but down here in the desert it's just not necessary.

Reactions: Rick Flair
You mean like the ones I currently have on my khaki TJ? :LOL: Or are those a different shade of silver?

Yes, I found a set of full doors here locally for $600 that are already silver. I need to go check them out. If they are near perfect I will buy them for sure as it will add value.

Honestly, if I lived anywhere else I would want full doors, but down here in the desert it's just not necessary.

If you had full doors, I’d ask $18k. Take 16.5k but yeah, it really adds value as many don’t buy them for strictly toys. Some DD these still!

Silverstone Metallic was only offered 2000-2002 if I recall correctly. Your jeep is a lighter shade than mine.

Here is a photo of mine next to @Thunderhead's
20191111_063041.jpg

Silverstone Metallic was only offered 2000-2002 if I recall correctly. Your jeep is a lighter shade than mine.

Here is a photo of mine next to @Thunderhead'sView attachment 190416

I had no idea there was more than one silver variant. Okay, well you're going to have a harder time finding silver half doors than I would :LOL:

I had no idea there was more than one silver variant. Okay, well you're going to have a harder time finding silver half doors than I would :LOL:
Yep. I've already got over the fact that I'll need to get any doors I find painted.

If you are not in a rush, find a set of matching full doors and sell it for 16k. No point taking that much of a loss just for lack of doors imo, unless you want to sell it really quick and pay the loan off. It's indeed a nice stock Jeep having seen it in person.

Have you considered selling on BaT, btw?

Color matched half doors have become very hard to find. Mine was black and I had hell of a time finding half doors in any color when I was looking. Eventually bought a good set in patriot blue color and got them painted.

Reactions: Starrs and Chris