What should I put on the hood?

Jwind

Supporting Member
Hey guys.
I've had a hi-lift jack on my hood for a couple years.
Picked it up for $20. Made the hood hinge brackets myself. Painted it. Have not once removed it from it's mounts.
I'm wondering if anyone has more useful gear to throw up there instead.
Thanks.

76B790D8-0B4C-4CF5-8903-E9E2FF18CE77.jpeg

Hahaha.
Thanks for all the functional tips guys.
They do look pretty awesome though.

Hey guys.
I've had a hi-lift jack on my hood for a couple years.
Picked it up for $20. Made the hood hinge brackets myself. Painted it. Have not once removed it from it's mounts.
I'm wondering if anyone has more useful gear to throw up there instead.
Thanks.
Why not just take it off and sell the stuff.

Reactions: SvtLdr
Why not just take it off and sell the stuff.
It's not doing any harm up there. And one day, who knows, it might actually prove to be worth the $20 I spent on it.
I'd like to switch it out if it's holding back the potential of the Jeep.

It's not doing any harm up there. And one day, who knows, it might actually prove to be worth the $20 I spent on it.
I'd like to switch it out if it's holding back the potential of the Jeep.
It has no effect on potential function of the Jeep. Of course, for me it is negative in value. I don't want that up on my hood. But I also respect that some people do want it on their hood. I've never seen anyone replace it with anything else of value. Most consider a high lift jack dangerous and unnecessary. Your bottle jack can be used to change up to a 35" tire and the only uses of a high lift jack are things like holding a tire on a Dana 35 after breaking a shaft, maybe a few other odd things one could come up with.

How is one of the most expensive mods ever going to raise the value? That is a full blown liability.
that is very true .. still one of the hardest mods to install and maintain for sure but they can be great when fully functional.. but mostly they are sketchy at best, except while running pure alcohol in them

that is very true .. still one of the hardest mods to install and maintain for sure but they can be great when fully functional.. but mostly they are sketchy at best, except while running pure alcohol in them

I don't think she would be able to lift the Jeep up while you change a tire.

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc Guy and chad