What should I use to attached hardtop lift glass weather stripping retainer?

drewtj05

Planning on replacing the lower weather stripping plastic retainer on the bottom of the hardtop glass, curious what anyone has used to adhere it to the glass. Not sure if an epoxy like JB weld or a urethane would work and hold better.

I used a couple small beads of super glue along the bottom of the channel.
Not a whole bunch, just enough to hold it on. That way it's still removable in case it needs to be re-replaced in the future.

Planning on replacing the lower weather stripping plastic retainer on the bottom of the hardtop glass, curious what anyone has used to adhere it to the glass. Not sure if an epoxy like JB weld or a urethane would work and hold better.
Are you able to post a pic of the plastic retainer? I’m curious.

I did have some on my phone but idk what happened to them.
this is what I got and did
A5D722FE-27D8-4E56-9A9E-C7E17AED7EF7.jpeg

But in looking for the pics I posted of mine I ran across these and thought it might be a good idea

7752A8AB-B107-4C26-B453-3B6D9F98AF38.jpeg
E89FCA94-1997-460C-9933-1C4B92874088.jpeg

I did have some on my phone but idk what happened to them.
this is what I got and did
View attachment 140560
But in looking for the pics I posted of mine I ran across these and thought it might be a good idea

View attachment 140561View attachment 140562
I am definitely going to give this a try, I am in the process of trying to get rid of all the leaks I have been having. Its been on a to-do list but finally getting to it. I really don't know why Jeep didn't include a seal like this as an OE item.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Any ideas on how to get some of the excess epoxy that got on parts of the retainer? I was thinking acetone maybe but not sure if it will affect the plastic

IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg
IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg

I used the recommended urethane windshield glass adhesive and primer that is use to glue the side windows into the hard top and the windshield into the frame.