What size lift do I have?

CentxTJ

All,

Finally joined the forum after spending way to much time looking around on here. I am on my second TJ which I recently purchased. First was a 99 Sahara with a 3.5 lift and 33s. I am about to start dumping too much money into it; and am trying to nail down what I am working with.

Current jeep is a 03 4.0 standard with 33x12.5 BFG ATs on it. Previous owner had no idea what the lift was.. he guessed 3 inches. Having previously owned a TJ with 3 inches under it, I’m thinking this one looks more like 4. Front springs measure right around 17 inches. I’m currently over analyzing what I’m working with before I dive into SYE, control arms and maybe new springs.

Appreciate it,

89EDAAEC-E8AC-46EF-9A80-5E926A569D85.jpeg

CADB523F-91F0-47F1-9E84-A3C9ECCE5FFE.jpeg

26EC8B13-8A5D-4330-AB58-7D4599EEFDAB.jpeg

DFBD251F-94B8-46E6-B118-9E54EDDE4774.jpeg

Do you know what brand spare tire carrier is on your Jeep? Mine is currently hanging off the tailgate and I'm thinking that is just a bit too much weight. It looks like it clears the license plate bracket nicely.

PXL_20220723_204353298.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know what brand spare tire carrier is on your Jeep? Mine is currently hanging off the tailgate and I'm thinking that is just a bit too much weight. It looks like it clears the license plate bracket nicely.

View attachment 346225

I think it’s a 3-4 year old Smittybuilt. I’ve heard mixed reviews on their stuff but I’m happy with the tire carrier and it’s not on my list of stuff to replace on the jeep. I like where the tire sits and it’s easy to move out of the way to open the tailgate. It’s a little harder to see out the back cause the tire sits higher but I got used to it quick.

Silly question.. I apologize in advance.

"Measure the springs, 12" front 8" rear - anything over that is the lift."

Loaded or unloaded?

View attachment 346225

It's never too much weight on the tailgate IF you take the weight off the hinges.
SPARE TIRE MOUNT (2).jpg

RUBI skel 8 26 2 (4).jpg