What size wheel spacers for 12.5" wide tires?

Big Bad Dog

I purchased these Cooper tires 33X12.50R15LT Discoverer STT PRO from Walmart (didn't get mounted yet). I have a 2 1/2 inch rough and country suspension lift and plan on putting on either the 1.25 or 1.50 wheel spacers. My wheels are 15" x 8" with a backspacing of 5.5 (stock wheel) My question is what would have a better look on my jeep the 1.25 or 1.50 spacers with the 12.5 wide tires and I hope they won't rub., I know we are only talking a 1/4" but I got a lot of money invested and want it to look good. I have a 2005 jeep wrangler TJ. Any pics would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Odds are they would not rub with the 1.25" spacer, my 12.5" tires barely rubbed with 4.5" of backspacing which would be the same for you as a 1" spacer. But if your f/r axles have not been perfectly centered with adjustable length track bars I'd go with the 1.5" spacer to give the tires a bit more space.

I'd also add a 1" or 1.25" (at the most) body lift. 2.5" of suspension lift is not quite enough for 33" tires if you go offroad.

FYI, per my mechanic, spacers are not allowed in PA when you get your annual inspection. Sorry I can't help you with looks.

This website can give you an idea on how far the tires will stick out with different width spacers;

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

It was originally posted by another forum member. I've used it to determine what backspacing I need so my tires don't extend past my fender flares.

Reactions: Chris