What state is Utah in?

Retaining knowledge is no longer necessary because we all carry the Internet in our pocket. Most schools teach the test and that's about it. If you're not brought up in a house where reading and understanding information is modeled, there is almost no chance that you'll pick that up in another environment. I always laugh when people research the 'best schools' for their child. All you have to do is look at the average educational attainment for the school's attendance area and the schools will show up as the 'best' (not saying that there aren't awesome teachers who can do magic, but it's an exception).

What troubles me most is the lack of critical thinking skills and logic.

The bigger the city, the less likely they are to know things outside of their city. It's true that cities have a higher percentage of college graduates, but rural has a higher percentage of high school graduates.

Cities like NYC are dichotomies of smart, dumb and rich, poor. With both groups not really caring about what's outside the city walls.

Every time I go to places like New York or LA I get this vibe from people.

Screenshot_20220818-121334_DuckDuckGo.jpg

They usually assume we are un-educated rednecks if they learn where we are from. Hollywood definitely stereotypes the middle of the country. I had someone ask me once if we had electricity. That was pre internet so maybe they just thought we were still a territory or something.

I got a similar vibe in London, Paris and Rome. To them, being from NYC is better than being from "the US". I like traveling outside of the big cities, where the people are more real and less dangerous; both the rich and poor.