What tire inflation system do you run?

I've tried and had just about every "on-board" air setup there is. Converted AC compressor, 10lb Co2, 20lb Co2, Viair w/5lb tank. I hated all the plumbing associated with the converted ac compressor (separator, oil, tank) . The Co2 tanks were fast but take up too much room and I wheel often so required constant refills (not to mention people who always want to "borrow" some on the trail). The Viair was ok, but slow and tank took up way too much room. I have a dedicated ARB CKSA12 mounted on the firewall solely for air locker duty. I currently run the ARB CKMTA12 for tires and tools. It's 100% duty cycle makes it worth the $$ for me. I typically air down to 6psi on the trail and back up to roughly 20-25psi for the street on 40" tires. It's not as fast as Co2, but I'm usually still putting my gear up before anyone else. (Ignore the big red power wire) :D it goes to my sub amp.

I installed a nice swivel chuck, and can reach all 4 tires with a single coil hose.
20180515_101329.jpg
20180515_101349.jpg
20180515_101401.jpg

Aren't they stock, just really clean?
Mine didn't have a seam going down the back like that. Also they do neoprene at closer look they probably wouldn't work for me. That would last about a day here. They are cool looking, but I think the UV would vaporize those in one season here if they are actually neoprene.

Reactions: ThatsilverTJ
Mine didn't have a seam going down the back like that. Also they do neoprene at closer look they probably wouldn't work for me. That would last about a day here. They are cool looking, but I think the UV would vaporize those in one season here if they are actually neoprene.

They are not neoprene, pretty sure they are stock heavy cloth? Or some other material, the seem is the zipper :)

I've tried and had just about every "on-board" air setup there is. Converted AC compressor, 10lb Co2, 20lb Co2, Viair w/5lb tank. I hated all the plumbing associated with the converted ac compressor (separator, oil, tank) . The Co2 tanks were fast but take up too much room and I wheel often so required constant refills (not to mention people who always want to "borrow" some on the trail). The Viair was ok, but slow and tank took up way too much room. I have a dedicated ARB CKSA12 mounted on the firewall solely for air locker duty. I currently run the ARB CKMTA12 for tires and tools. It's 100% duty cycle makes it worth the $$ for me. I typically air down to 6psi on the trail and back up to roughly 20-25psi for the street on 40" tires. It's not as fast as Co2, but I'm usually still putting my gear up before anyone else. (Ignore the big red power wire) :D it goes to my sub amp.

I installed a nice swivel chuck, and can reach all 4 tires with a single coil hose. View attachment 41293 View attachment 41294 View attachment 41295

I run a similar setup with the small arb for the locker and Sway bar disconnect and the large one for tires. I have mine backed up with the small (I believe 1gal) air tank that arb put in the portable kit that it started life in. I keep the switch and chuck mounted beside the tailgate. Generally the friend I wheel the most with will pull up behind me at the end of the day and I'll do my tires and one of hers before she does the other 3. The tank is helpful because as switch from tire to tire the compressor is still doing useful work filling the tank. Generally by the time I get my hose out and hooked up and the valve caps off the tank is full and ready.
488b021272af9edcf25a851b55b338a8.jpg

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

ARB On Board. Free with the locker. Prior to the locker, I had a portable unit (Bushranger Black Max, unsure if that's available there) that I bought 12 years ago which still works perfectly.

I’m running the ARB twin compressor. Love the 100% duty cycle. It works well and I’m really happy with how fast it airs up my 37”s

Still using the Viair 88P. But many times I just drive home and use the garage compressor.

Reactions: Rescue6