1. It's time to vote for the June 2018 "Ride of the Month"! Click here to vote. Voting will end on May 31st.
    Dismiss Notice

What tire inflation system do you run?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by tomtaylz, May 6, 2018.

1. lowranger

lowranger TJ Addict
    Supporting Member Ride of the Month Winner

The tank is mounted up next to the frame on the driver's side behind the driver's seat. I"ll try and get a picture for you today.

ac_ and JMT like this.
  2. ac_

ac_ zombicon
    Supporting Member

I am actually seriously considering this too. I have changed my intake to an external filter so I can get rid of my box to put the compressor there.
    I was going to buy this kit unless you have a better suggestion.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YC42RG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

3. Garza

Garza Member
    Supporting Member

I've tried and had just about every "on-board" air setup there is. Converted AC compressor, 10lb Co2, 20lb Co2, Viair w/5lb tank. I hated all the plumbing associated with the converted ac compressor (separator, oil, tank) . The Co2 tanks were fast but take up too much room and I wheel often so required constant refills (not to mention people who always want to "borrow" some on the trail). The Viair was ok, but slow and tank took up way too much room. I have a dedicated ARB CKSA12 mounted on the firewall solely for air locker duty. I currently run the ARB CKMTA12 for tires and tools. It's 100% duty cycle makes it worth the $$ for me. I typically air down to 6psi on the trail and back up to roughly 20-25psi for the street on 40" tires. It's not as fast as Co2, but I'm usually still putting my gear up before anyone else. (Ignore the big red power wire) :D it goes to my sub amp.

I installed a nice swivel chuck, and can reach all 4 tires with a single coil hose. 20180515_101329.jpg 20180515_101349.jpg 20180515_101401.jpg

ac_, JMT and tomtaylz like this.