What tire inflator gauge do you use?

I used the 88p as it came out of the box. No extra gauge or valve at the tip. There is no reason for it. The only minor change I would make to the 88p (or similar) is to put a clamp fitting on the hose rather than the screw on fitting mine had.

I have since built a York, and use my inflator deflator contraption with it, but only in the inflator mode. It cannot be used on the 88p or TMax for the reasons discussed.

In order to use an inflator valve and gauge at the end of a hose, the pump must have a pressure cut off switch or have a large enough reservoir to avoid over pressurizing the pump while taking a tire reading.

I just found this one: https://t-maxwinches.com.au/product/t-max-tyre-inflator/

It mentions in the description: Air up – Connect to your T-Max Compressor and you can deliver it’s insane 160L per minute.

I am really confused now, since the manual mentions otherwise.

Certainly confusing and may tell you something about T Max. :)

haha, I will try contact them.

I only chose a TMAX compressor because of limited budget and their cfm. I tested it today, and I inflated a 235/70r16 tire from 10 psi to 30 psi in 60 seconds.

Thanks anyway!

Reactions: jjvw
New question:

Has anyone tried to install a pressure switch to his air compressor?

like this one:
1581971035801.png

Do you think that this would enable me to install the arb inflator I want?

I recently purchased a T-MAX air compressor (5.65 cfm @ 0 psi, 2.47 cfm @ 30 psi).

In the manual it is mentioned:
This unit is designed to supply continues flow of air. Never dead end the hose or use accessory that stop the free flow of air. Damage to the unit can occur.

I want to use something like this: View attachment 136636

The reason is that in the TMAX air compressor you have to turn it off and on in order to check the PSI, while I prefer to have something like that so I dont have to go back and forth.

Most tips can be bought in a dead end or constant flow version. You may have to build what you want.
I started with a standard inflator and eventually changed the gauge, stem connector, and the hose.

Another option would be to add a valve (bypass) before the inflator that allows air to keep flowing, but isolates the gauge to read just the tire.

New question:

like this one: View attachment 140828

You wouldn't have to put a switch in. You could just put a pressure pop-off valve on a T, inline. Should spare the compressor if you dead ended it for too long.

You wouldn't have to put a switch in. You could just put a pressure pop-off valve on a T, inline. Should spare the compressor if you dead ended it for too long.

If there is a safety valve on the air compressor, can I use a tire inflator?

New question:

like this one: View attachment 140828

You would need a relay to go with that switch. I don't think that it would take the amperage that the compressor pulls. I just installed a pressure switch and relay while permanently mounting my VIAIR pump over the weekend.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...this-money-on-my-house-build.4501/post-517792

Reactions: TJim
NEW QUESTION:
If I install an air regulator to my tire inflator is it going to affect my inflation time?
Or is it going just to stop automatically in the desired PSI?

NEW QUESTION:
If I install an air regulator to my tire inflator is it going to affect my inflation time?
Should stop at your desired PSI. I run a regulator to limit pressure to my lockers. Pressure comes up on my in cab gauge no different but the regulator stops for the line to my lockers at its set point.

NEW QUESTION:
This is not going to work well at all. With no tank the compressor will cycle on and off as it rapidly builds pressure between the pump and the regulator so you will drastically increase the time it takes to inflate the tires. Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel? Seriously, you are way over thinking all of this stuff. Take a step back and look at the way most people do these things, there is good reason for it.

This is not going to work well at all. With no tank the compressor will cycle on and off as it rapidly builds pressure between the pump and the regulator so you will drastically increase the time it takes to inflate the tires. Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel? Seriously, you are way over thinking all of this stuff. Take a step back and look at the way most people do these things, there is good reason for it.

Hey! Thanks for the response. You're right!

I am not over thinking, just have too much spare time with all this stuff going on, so trying to "create" mini-projects and trying to learn how things work.

Reactions: pagrey