What tires are you running?

I bought mine with KO2s already on with about 1/2 tread left. They work great on wet or dry pavement, but sadly that's all I've tried them on. Seem to be a pretty good tire, but this summer I'll replace them with a more aggressive tread. Not sure exactly which one yet.

Running BFG KM2 muds, bout halfway thru them. They have gotten quite noisy. Won't run them again. Before them ran Cooper STT muds. Barely got 20K miles out of them and had a difficult time keeping them balanced. My next tire will likely be KO2's. I'm done with mud terrains.

Reactions: KMG and CodaMan
KO2's. They ball up in snotty mud, but otherwise work great for a general purpose TJ tire. @Chris loves him some Duratracs, and those work as well. General AT2's work well, and pick up fewer rocks than KO2's do. Lots of good AT tires out there for a TJ. Someone else will have to talk about MT's, don't use them.

I'm a diehard Duratrac fan. I will admit that I haven't tried anything else other than Cooper Discoverer STTs, so I'm a bit biased. However, my Duratracs do the job so well that I'll never actually need to try anything else, so I'm happy with them!

Got a chance to directly compare Duratracs and KO2's a couple of time on the trail. My SE and a Nissan Titan with rear locker and Duratracs. There were two places where the Titan did noticeably better, but only after hitting the locker switch. Neither of us required assistance, or got out of our vehicles. Take that for what it's worth though, a Titan isn't a TJ. ...and lockers cover up a multitude of sins.

Reactions: MikeM and jeep_boss
KO2s for 10,000 miles. Great tire! Will absolutely buy again. I had Goodyear DuraTracs on a 4x4 Nissan NV. They performed well except for two punctures from river gravel and they became louder quickly.
IMG_0556.jpg

So far, liking the Duratrac. Not a mud tire but not tightly spaced like the KO2. Work very well on road in the rain. The little off roading I have done so far has been positive.

Reactions: MikeM and ac_
Firestone Destinations, All terrain..pretty quiet on the roads and not to bad off road. Never been in any deep mud though...(70% on road 30% off road) Will be upgrading once these are worn out to maybe Nitto or Coopers as the Duratracs and KO2's are stupid prices down here.

Last edited:
Firestone Destinations, All terrain..pretty quiet on the roads and not to bad off road. Never been in any deep mud though...(70% on road 30% off road) Will be upgrading once these are worn out to maybe Nitto or Coopers as the Duramacs and KO2's are stupid prices down here.
I have Destinations on my MJ ... they're great!

Reactions: MikeM and Kiwi TJ