What tires are you running?

Free shipping on Cooper tires and Toyo tires every day, with a smattering of others included from time to time. I've bought eleven sets of tires through them. I have yet to find lower prices, even online. Love 'em...
your should get a bulk buyers discount..lol...or shares in the company

Reactions: Squatch and ac_
i run FALKEN WILD PEAK A/T 315/70r/17" so far no issues, balanced ok, quiet, good in the snow, rain , mud, sand
20180215_070253 (1).jpg
20180209_160836.jpg
20180215_070057 (1).jpg

I just traded my 37" interco ss-m16 tire for nearly new 35" Kenda Klevars. They seem to drive pretty well and aren't any louder than my last ones.

I am running the Super Swamper TSL. In my experience they are the best no compromise off road tire available. Not the cheapest, not the best on the highway and not the longest wearing but awesome traction and durability.
I just got back from Moab and the Easter Jeep Safari, I had lots of other Jeeps and almost every tire you can think of to compare to them and none worked better. My Jeep has very little lift (1/2” body lift and 1” spring lift) and 16” wheels so the size was limited. The SS tires I have are size 265/80 16 load range D. Mounted on the factory Moab wheels, they measure 32.7” tall and 10” wide and fit perfect with no rub.

21265780-6314-405E-A7F8-D88BDC76B265.jpeg
A18E3202-5886-4DF3-855B-3F001B9946BD.jpeg

I’ve been running these Kenda Klever MT’s for about a year and a half. Couldn’t guess at how many miles, but “a lot” would be an understatement.

So far they wear like iron, seem to stay in balance and grip very well. Only time I’ve been stuck was an ill advised attempt to cross a deeper than expected hole (buried up to the door sills in Georgia clay).
They do seem a bit stiff resulting in a somewhat rough ride, but not unbearable by any means. About the same as the Goodyear Kevlar MT’s I had on my old TJ.

image.jpg

Reactions: JMT
I run 33x1250x15 Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar. So far they are good but I'm concerned about longevity. Wishing that I had gone with 35s

fa78e98ab7fe45e8ae06c18e3783e75f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Currently running 33x12.5x15 Duratracs. Next set of tires will definitely not be them. I've had to replace 2 of them for sidewall punctures on mild trails that connect our challenging trails at Rausch Creek ORP. Next set of tires will be 35x12.5x15 but I'm not sure what I'll be getting for those. Leaning towards the GY kevlars or KM2s.

Don't worry, I didn't drive home on the tire. I just plugged it so I could finish the day of wheeling.

SixgpOO.jpg

JSBruLl.jpg

35/12.5/17 BFG MT KO2s, load range D, typically aired down to 8-10 on the trail, 22-24 on the road. If they were Cs I would probably bump the air 2psi. Good tires, seem to work well but I am sure there are stickier tires for off road and smoother tires for on road.

Before these I had Dick Cepek Extreme Terrian 315/75/16 on the factory moab TJ rubicon wheels. Those did surprisingly well, possibly better all around than these BFGs or perhaps my expectations were too high? I believe the DCs may have been a little stickier.

IMG_1403.JPG IMG_0854.jpg

Reactions: JMT and DMise
Great choices and info in this thread. I think the key is buying a tire for YOUR wheelin' and driving conditions. I like an aggressive tire on a Jeep and my tires have to be good in the rocks and mud and not slide on wet roads. My Cooper STT Pro's hook up so nice in all these conditions, it's the perfect tire for me. I am also willing to live with a little humming, though they are pretty quiet for an MT. My stereo drowns it out anyway. I don't care much about longevity, I just take care to run proper pressures and drive my Jeep to look like a stone cold killer!

Reactions: KCsTJ
Previous Pro Comp Xtreme MT 35x12.5x15. ProComp likes to boast their Tri-Ply sidewall.
Sounds really good, as long as you don't try to run over a stick!

14e640a8-58d4-4177-b616-fb7ffb638125_zpsb756a41c.jpg

Currently riding on Goodyear MTR Kevlars. Same size, stick resistant so far.

20170703_131504_zpskhqeocf1.jpg

I don't hear a lot about 'em on this forum, but Toyo's have always done right by me. Never had an issue, and have run many, many sets through the years.
Does Toyo offer an A/T tire in 265/75-16 size in load range C? I discovered that Cooper Discoverer A/T3 comes in that size and load range. I drove a fellow worker's JK yesterday with Duratracs, and did not care for the hum on the highway. Too picky, I guess...
Comparison:

Cooper Discoverer A/T3

Your photo of the Toyo:
toyo-tires-open-country-a-t-ii-jpg.jpg

The Toyos look a little more aggressive...

Edit: I found that 4WP in Albuquerque carry the Toyo Open Country AT2 tire in the 265/75-16 size, in both C and E load range. New target tire!