What tires are you running?

We're running them on my wife's XJ, and I have a new set of five waiting for my rims to come back from being powder coated. I haven't noticed any humming from her rig, but I will say that my hearing isn't what it used to be, either. Tirecrawler.com has 'em with free shipping, and 15% off their regular price. With my math, that will get you four tires for $564.26 delivered to your door. Worth looking into.
grey.png

Toyo Open Country A/T II
toyo-tires.png

toyo-tires-open-country-a-t-ii.jpg

Part #: T352290 Details
Rating:
star_rating.png
star_rating.png
star_rating.png
star_rating.png
star_rating.png
322_1516397494.jpg
233_1466025412.jpg

Tire Size: P265/75R16 114T
Service Description: 114T
UTQG: 600 A B
Mileage Warranty: 65000 miles
Load Range: N/A
Side Wall: Black

$165.96 each

Quantity:
Set of 4
$663.84
Estimate Shipping

I removed the original rubber on my 2006 Unlimited today. 43400 miles and 12 years, it was due! Went with Firestone Destination MT2s on original rims. 31x10.5 x 15 and they fit perfect. Zero rub. Pretty quiet and smooth on road, can't wait to try them off road!

20180516_170756.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI
I ran 2 sets of Toyo open country AT2's on my Avalanche. They were a great tire on that vehicle. Only reason I went away from them is I wanted a more aggressive look, so I'm running General Grabbers now on my F150. Also a great tire.

Reactions: Squatch
I have KM2's right now with 33,000 miles on them. They still have a good amount of tread and have worn perfectly. Little hard to balance but besides that they have been perfect. I used to drive them in the snow just about every single day and they did pretty well. For my next set of tires, I definitely want aggressive mud terrains, but now that I'm in the city I would like better street manners. Anybody have recommendations for mud tires that aren't awful on the road?

I have KM2's right now with 33,000 miles on them. They still have a good amount of tread and have worn perfectly. Little hard to balance but besides that they have been perfect. I used to drive them in the snow just about every single day and they did pretty well. For my next set of tires, I definitely want aggressive mud terrains, but now that I'm in the city I would like better street manners. Anybody have recommendations for mud tires that aren't awful on the road?
I have not personally ran them, but have read a lot of good things about the new Cooper STT Pros. They look great too IMO. I have KM2s right now, but will probably try the STT Pros next.

That or the Super Swamped TSL SXii.... But those are WAY more aggressive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: FTI76
I have not personally ran them, but have read a lot of good things about the new Cooper STT Pros. They look great too IMO. I have KM2s right now, but will probably try the STT Pros next.

That or the Super Swamped TSL SXii.... But those are WAY more aggressive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have the STT Pros they are awesome. They look bad ass and they are fine on the street. Maybe a little noisy but not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the STT Pros they are awesome. They look bad ass and they are fine on the street. Maybe a little noisy but not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I really like the STT PRO. I run them on my JKUR and will be running them on my LJ.

They seem to do very well in all sorts of terrain .. from the rocks at Moab to the wetter, looser rocks of the midwest and east coast. Haven't been further west than Moab to jeep .. yet.

I drive my jeep to trails and think they behave a bit better than the MTR on road. Of course, time and wear might change that .. but right now I really like them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: FTI76
I really like the STT PRO. I run them on my JKUR and will be running them on my LJ.

They seem to do very well in all sorts of terrain .. from the rocks at Moab to the wetter, looser rocks of the midwest and east coast. Haven't been further west than Moab to jeep .. yet.

I drive my jeep to trails and think they behave a bit better than the MTR on road. Of course, time and wear might change that .. but right now I really like them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree, I’ve had both the GY MTR and the Cooper STT PRO, and I prefer the STT ‘s. Great off-road and better on-road manners, especially in rain.

Reactions: Pokey02
Currently running duratracs, which I have really enjoyed the last 43k miles. Quiet, great in the snow, and held up really well in the rocks. I plan to go up to a 35 very very soon and will probably go with the MTRs.

Reactions: ac_
ST Maxx installed today in 255/85R16. Very noticably quieter than the 265/75R16 duratrac's that came off, even in load range e (the Duratrac's were load-range C)

IMG_20180624_120435.jpg

upload_2018-6-28_17-25-19.png

About 1,000 miles old and I'm impressed with the ride on and off road. I don't notice noise on the highway and the Jeep tracks true although it is very sensitive to wind. I don't mind as my M38A1 became unstable 15 MPH below this Jeeps cruising speed.
Off road I reduced the pressure from 41lbs to 32 lbs. and driving was almost too easy.
There is a light 'thrumming' which is a tire being a bit out of round. But .... They aren't Michelin tires.

upload_2018-6-28_17-34-23.png

After reading that the Duratracs are better in snow than the KO2s, I might go for those next time.

Ran 31x10.5r15C Duratracs on my stock Ravine wheels for awhile, and liked the tires. I recently bought new ATK Mojave II 17x8 wheels, and I am now running 255/75r17SL Duratracs. I'm liking the narrower tread for icy roads and cutting through snow in MN (hardtop and full doors went on for winter after taking this picture).

View attachment 34783

What lift do you run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk