What tires to buy

Steve3740

Looking to purchase new tires for my 03 Rubicon. Looking for 35x12.50x15 in a mud tire. This is a trail rig only. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have been looking at the general grabber x3 Mt. Price is good and they have good reviews. Does anyone have experience with these. I had the bf Goodrich mts on an 09 and liked them a lot but they are pretty pricey.

Off road only mud tire, I would look into a Super Swamper. I ran the tsl bias ply tire on my XJ. Great in mud and super sticky climbing rocks, even when wet. Yep, they are loud and don't last long but they were a great tire for the intended purpose.

Do you trailer? Budget? Where do you wheel? In general I'd look into non-DOT bias stickies.

Yes I trailer but still want to keep it Dot leagal. Budget in the 200-250 range per tire

I still don't know where you wheel aside from "mud tire". If you want to keep it legal I'd suggest a Duratrac since you live in NY. Good all around tire for the TJ except for pointy rocks into the sidewall. If you want less winter traction I'd go MT/R with Kevlar.

Not sure about your rim size but check out tire rack.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: Starrs
Off road only mud tire, I would look into a Super Swamper. I ran the tsl bias ply tire on my XJ. Great in mud and super sticky climbing rocks, even when wet. Yep, they are loud and don't last long but they were a great tire for the intended purpose.
+, but if you let them sit, they get flat spots till they warm up. It is a bumpy ride for the first few miles haha. Love the swampers!

Reactions: Rob5589
Looking to purchase new tires for my 03 Rubicon. Looking for 35x12.50x15 in a mud tire. This is a trail rig only. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have been looking at the general grabber x3 Mt. Price is good and they have good reviews. Does anyone have experience with these. I had the bf Goodrich mts on an 09 and liked them a lot but they are pretty pricey.

I bought this General Grabber x 3 with wheel Ultra crusher 15 "

IMG_3467.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike_H
Do you have the X3s on the jeep yet? If so how do you like them? Looking at them in a smaller size

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just bought. I'm going to install it over the weekend. I'll put more details later. They're 33 / 12.50r15

I just bought. I'm going to install it over the weekend. I'll put more details later. They're 33 / 12.50r15

Good deal, I really like those wheels. I'd be looking at the 265/75r16 (31.7) on stock Moabs, one of the few in that size that are load c.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk