What Trektop for a 2006 TJ?

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
I have a Hard top on at present and my sun rider soft top looks like it hasn't been on for at least a Decade or more!
What do I need to buy along with the top? I have full doors and have the plastic door surrounds but not the top screws. Do I need a different header? I have removed the original header bar from original soft top for ease of of storage.
This will be an investment change that I have thought long and hard about and am happy to just remove widows side and back in summer.
I can go fully open top for at least 8 months of the year here in OZ.
Need a link to complete trek top/ frameless top which includes header and tailgate fixtures.
Also top material type.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have that top, and it comes with everything you need to install it. It has new door surrounds, windshield header, tailgate bar, tailgate bar clips, etc.

I really like the top, you can open just the sunrider portion, all sides, or quickly remove. As long as you keep the sides secured properly, there is not much to zero flapping noise.

That top comes with everything you need.

jeep s 1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

I like the hard top but I also like stock TJs ( for now lol) but a hard top on a stock Tj without a lift gives it a stumpy "Hearst" type look from the rear?

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Mastertop released their "Skymaster" fastback style frameless soft top late last year. I could only find one review on Quadratec. I pulled the trigger last week and ordered a "Master twill" version and it was at my door in 3 days. While I haven't installed it, I did break out the pieces and overall, the fabric and stitching is very nice. I'm anxious to install but kind of tough with winter weather.

http://www.mastertop.com/products/new-products/

Mastertop released their "Skymaster" fastback style frameless soft top late last year. I could only find one review on Quadratec. I pulled the trigger last week and ordered a "Master twill" version and it was at my door in 3 days. While I haven't installed it, I did break out the pieces and overall, the fabric and stitching is very nice. I'm anxious to install but kind of tough with winter weather.

http://www.mastertop.com/products/new-products/
Yeah, getting these frameless tops on in cold weather can be a pain. It was about 50 degrees out when I got mine, leaving them out in the sun for awhile ontop of the black bedliner in my truck helped some.

They dont ship outside US
I will have to get one from quadratec.

Cheers

Bestop Dealers​

AUSTRALIA​

Soft Tops Online Australia
PO Box 12
Hamilton NSW 2303 Australia AU
Toll-free number 1800 028 822
Email: [email protected]
Jeep Konection
8 Eastlink Drive, Hallam VIC 3803
Australia
Phone Number: (03) 8795 7525 61
SBR Off Road
U4/51 Lancaster Road, Wangara, WA 6065 Australia
Phone Number: +61 (08) 9409 5131

Bestop Dealers​

AUSTRALIA​

Soft Tops Online Australia
PO Box 12
Hamilton NSW 2303 Australia AU
Toll-free number 1800 028 822
Jeep Konection
8 Eastlink Drive, Hallam VIC 3803
Australia
Phone Number: (03) 8795 7525 61
SBR Off Road
U4/51 Lancaster Road, Wangara, WA 6065 Australia
Phone Number: +61 (08) 9409 5131
Thanks the Wangara SRB is about 15 miles from me but they are closed til 22nd feb, about the same price as quadratec with shipping but they only have Black Denim no Diamond or Twill. The Black Denim may be a bit light coloured (lite colored) :) on an all black tj what do you think?

Cheers.

Thanks the Wangara SRB is about 15 miles from me but they are closed til 22nd feb, about the same price as quadratec with shipping but they only have Black Denim no Diamond or Twill. The Black Denim may be a bit light coloured (lite colored) :) on an all black tj what do you think?

Cheers.
I had a black denim top on one of my old Jeeps and it looks more grey than black to me.

XMAS JEEP2.jpg

Last edited: