What type of soft top hardware is this and what other hardware do I need to install?

NateDog99

What model of soft top do I have? It doesn't look like the factory soft top hardware for the tj and I'm not too sure how its supposed to be installed. Also what are these other brackets for? The PO installed them.

IMG_20200331_123015.jpg

IMG_20200331_123020.jpg

IMG_20200331_123027.jpg

IMG_20200331_122401.jpg

IMG_20200331_134208.jpg

IMG_20200331_134211.jpg

It looks like you have the frame mounted backwards. The narrow bars go over the door. The brackets in the back hold the bar at the bottom of the rear window. I had a similar frame on my YJ.

This is a Bestop Supertop. I love it. Its simple and super quick. Yes you have it backwards.
Looks like your missing a few parts.
Maybe the front channel as well? (that the plastic edge of the top fits into)

1. This little part that the door surround latches into.

1585682550912.png

2. This bar in the back:
1585682611634.png

1585682287159.png

Be careful. This tab is bent, its used to hold the top tight. You will need to bend it back (kind of forward, so it fits in the little holes) But if you bend it too much and it breaks, its useless.

1585682802331.png

This is a Bestop Supertop. I love it. Its simple and super quick. Yes you have it backwards.
Looks like your missing a few parts.
Maybe the front channel as well? (that the plastic edge of the top fits into)

1. This little part that the door surround latches into.

View attachment 149619

2. This bar in the back:
View attachment 149620

View attachment 149618
oooooh ok that was my guess. Will a factory soft top work on the bestop supertop hardware? Also what is all missing? I know the door surrounds and now I guess that little part that latches onto the door surround as well as the back bar. Anything else from what you can see? Also how does the header bar latch onto the top of the windshield? Sorry about all the questions haha i just have only had a hardtop and have no idea how soft tops work exactly.

IMG_20200331_122354.jpg

If that tab breaks, you can drill a small hole and drop a machine screw into the hole on the outer bracket, thru and into the raised position holes to keep it raised.

Reactions: ballpark
I didn't care for the one I had on my YJ. The door surrounds seemed flimsy and were easily bent. The OEM frame on my TJ is much more robust.

This is great feedback. Thank you. How long does it usually take to remove the door surrounds? I have only had this Supertop, and my top goes up and down on a almost daily basis. I liked the thought of no surrounds... but I have no experience with OEM.

I think I can convert to no top / no doors / mirrors in about 12 minutes.

This is great feedback. Thank you. How long does it usually take to remove the door surrounds? I have only had this Supertop, and my top goes up and down on a almost daily basis. I liked the thought of no surrounds... but I have no experience with OEM.

I think I can convert to no top / no doors / mirrors in about 12 minutes.
That's what I do miss about the Super Top. I find the OEM top is easiest with two people, while the Besttop could be handled by myself with no problem. It takes me and my son less than 10 minutes to convert the OEM though, so I don't complain.

Reactions: ballpark
That's what I do miss about the Super Top. I find the OEM top is easiest with two people, while the Besttop could be handled by myself with no problem. It takes me and my son less than 10 minutes to convert the OEM though, so I don't complain.

Appreciate the feedback. Thank you!