What vehicle would you own if you couldn't own a Wrangler?

My other vehicle is a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 liter. Continually under the knife.

5.9.jpg

Reactions: Travis and derekmac
I test drove this a week ago. Was going to trade our Dodge Journey on it. It was on the dealer's lot for almost 60 days, and they were willing to make me a good deal, almost unbelievable. I didn't put any money down thinking it would be there Monday. They sold it last Saturday.

IMG_20171027_143730729.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI
Used to own a ‘73 bronco with a straight six, and also once had a Jeep J10 pickup, also with a straight six. I would be fine with either of those again. If $ was not a concern, a Toyota FJ40.

I'm drawing a blank here. What other vehicle could I get that would let me take the top off when I choose, drive daily to work, go off grid when I liked, be comfortable enough for a long haul, drive slow, drive fast, be able to actually work on it myself? Only thing I can think of is a early Bronco.
or a early k5 blazer

th
She's a '56, but just a Victoria (the Crown Vic is actually a very gussied-up 2-door sedan). This is the fifth or sixth one I've owned. Dug this one out of a barn where it'd been since '86. Bought it, a '64 Pontiac Grand Prix, and a '65 Buick Riviera all the same week...
Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment!

*Parts are plentiful, actually...thankfully.
they had a 56 crown Victoria hard top also I didn't own it but my gold dust twin did up in Tonasket wn before I went into the service in 64

That trx is supposed to be a Raptor killer? Ever price one of those bad boys out? I think it's around 70k for a new one.

As an aside, I had to laugh a little at the ram website. They're talking like 100 mph is a big deal...its not anymore. Hell, I've had my F150 up to 90, while towing my 6000 lb boat! They also talk like it's the first truck with a multi link rear suspension...suburbans, Tahoe, and avalanches have had 5 link rear ends since 2002...our own jeeps have had them since 1997!

Marketing...smh
I had a 03 avalance 5.3 worked great in the snow just push the button and keep a going

Sharp, love the wheels.
I agree why did they quit a full size p'up with coils at all 4 corners ?
there not as safe as having leaf spring at high speed and corning like the 58 impala had the x frame and coils on all 4 corners back then a lot of 2 lane roads high speed driving and a curve was not a good idea

I test drove this a week ago. Was going to trade our Dodge Journey on it. It was on the dealer's lot for almost 60 days, and they were willing to make me a good deal, almost unbelievable. I didn't put any money down thinking it would be there Monday. They sold it last Saturday.

Which dealership? With all the fords in the pictures I would assume big valley ford in Ewen.

No, not Big Valley, but the Ford dealership in Marquette.
We looked at it and drove it last Friday, and since it hasn't sold in 56 days I didn't think I needed to put money down on it. I couldn't believe it was gone the next day.