What vehicle would you own if you couldn't own a Wrangler?

upload_2017-11-12_21-14-22.png

My buddy's rig. He jokes about dropping the drivetrain into a Wrangler. It may only be a Jeep in name, but I'd sure like to have it! He will spend an entire day detailing it. Looks as new, even up close. Gorgeous ride...

2007 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT8
6.1 HEMI
VORTECH SUPERCHARGED
3.73 GEARS
BEST 1/4 TIME: 11.39 @ 117MPH

Passes everything but a gas station.
Had a friend with one in Yellowknife.
196 miles to the next gas station and he had to carry a 5 gallon jerry can.

I've got my 2013 VW GTI mk6(in addition to my tj) with a bunch of modifications on it, so I'm good in the speed department.

But if I couldn't have a wrangler, is love a Land Rover, just sucks they're so damn unreliable.
e743e9119435f3b19c95660d822bd855.jpg
91052c2af8fe73af037c9f9480f4202b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Before I purchased my Wrangler I drove a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9. I still have it and hands down I love it more than my Wrangler for it's comfort and power. Apples and oranges but always Jeep.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
I'd like to have my very first car back. 1964 Dodge Coronet 440 station wagon. My friends all had mustangs and stuff and made fun of me for having a station wagon but my big 440 was the deal for hauling sailing stuff, kayaking stuff, skiing stuff, camping stuff, and when you folded the seats down you could haul the entire varsity cheerleader squad in the back! Yes!!!

upload_2018-1-10_21-59-7.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdKebJc6KLfc4aafILkL5L55zRZ1tkVdDzdWbbkWF2ChBn7vwyPQ.jpg

View attachment 25286

My buddy's rig. He jokes about dropping the drivetrain into a Wrangler. It may only be a Jeep in name, but I'd sure like to have it! He will spend an entire day detailing it. Looks as new, even up close. Gorgeous ride...

2007 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT8
6.1 HEMI
VORTECH SUPERCHARGED
3.73 GEARS
BEST 1/4 TIME: 11.39 @ 117MPH

Damn, that's close to my (non-boosted) '11 (E90) M3!!!

82ED66BF-1425-49DA-843B-D311F02E9C87.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch
I'd like to have my very first car back. 1964 Dodge Coronet 440 station wagon. My friends all had mustangs and stuff and made fun of me for having a station wagon but my big 440 was the deal for hauling sailing stuff, kayaking stuff, skiing stuff, camping stuff, and when you folded the seats down you could haul the entire varsity cheerleader squad in the back! Yes!!!

View attachment 28729View attachment 28730

Mopars have always been my first love. Out of over 300+ cars I've owned, probably 50% were of the Mopar variety. I'd want that wagon back, too! ;)

Toyota Land Cruiser

This was what I wanted to replace my 4Runner with; I didn't want anything newer than an FJ100. Shopped around for a few months, all the ones I found without rust had some expensive maintenance histories. The FJ80's are cool, but they felt like big dinosaurs. Glad I came to my senses on my TJR!

Reactions: dangjalopy
This was what I wanted to replace my 4Runner with; I didn't want anything newer than an FJ100. Shopped around for a few months, all the ones I found without rust had some expensive maintenance histories. The FJ80's are cool, but they felt like big dinosaurs. Glad I came to my senses on my TJR!

I really like the FJ50s. Looks like a Jeep made in Japan. Hahaha!

I agree with the WRX but if money wasn't a problem, dodge viper. My roommate actually has a fairly well built WRX pushing over 400 whp (he put it on the dyno last spring). I've gotten to drive it a few times and I can say hands down it's the fastest car I've ever driven.