What is the reasoning for factory side steps?

4.25". They're 1" wider than regular TJ flares.
Thanks my 65th has the wider painted flares so same as the Sahara 4 1/4 inch :)
have you lived in Europe or Canada? 4.25" instead of 4 1/4" or is that how you fraction in US?
I learned Imperial until I was 12 then we switched to metric so I know both but have learned not to mix them.
"cut that beam at 6'4" and 3mm" lol

have you lived in Europe or Canada? 4.25" instead of 4 1/4" or is that how you fraction in US?
I learned Imperial until I was 12 then we switched to metric so I know both but have learned not to mix them.
They tried to teach the metric system in school when I was in 5th grade. I guess nobody here could learn it and it never caught on. :unsure: All my relatives are from Canada. They all speak French, except for me.

Our dollar system is metric so at least we have that going for us. Seems to work pretty well.
You cant beat metric in my opinion but after 40 odd years of metric I still say lengths and heights in imperial like my wife is only 5'1" and I am 5'10" that floor to ceiling height is 8' my swimming pool is 6' at the deep end and 3' at the shallow end lol

I learned only the metric system in elementary school in the late 70s because of Metric Conversion Act. However, that proved to be a waste until I moved to Turkey.

Leave the passenger one on for her and just remove your drivers side. Non issue
Given all your new found liberal rules and laws in USA this is totally unacceptable an fully inequitable! What if his wife has a beard and hairy chest? side steps must be for all Genders or none! :)

Reactions: voodooridr