What was your costliest mistake?

Be it a poor decision while wheeling or a crappy product: what was your costliest mistake?

I ended up replacing a swing-out tire carrier because the thing wouldn't stop rattling no matter what the hell I did. It's still sitting in a corner of my garage.
[/QUOTE
I seem to buy everything 3 times before I Just buy what I wanted in the first place.

Letting 4WP do my regear in my Rubicon. My lockers didn't work afterward. Front works now but rear doesn't. Front was just a loose air line in the diff; the rear has a busted actuator bladder now.

every time i'm in the local 4WP, and that shop door opens all i see is kids..........a bunch of 20 somethings playing with air tools.
maybe i'm being unfair, some of these kids might be a real whiz at that stuff, but i'd feel more comfortable talking to someone older that i could almost believe has some real exp. and time in the industry.
they are local and less than 10m away so i will buy parts i need if they have them in stock, and it's not overpriced. but i'd not feel confident to go beyond that and have them install stuff.

every time i'm in the local 4WP, and that shop door opens all i see is kids..........a bunch of 20 somethings playing with air tools.
maybe i'm being unfair, some of these kids might be a real whiz at that stuff, but i'd feel more comfortable talking to someone older that i could almost believe has some real exp. and time in the industry.
they are local and less than 10m away so i will buy parts i need if they have them in stock, and it's not overpriced. but i'd not feel confident to go beyond that and have them install stuff.
It was the Cinci one. Not sure where in Ohio you are.

Be it a poor decision while wheeling or a crappy product: what was your costliest mistake?

I ended up replacing a swing-out tire carrier because the thing wouldn't stop rattling no matter what the hell I did. It's still sitting in a corner of my garage.
Not starting our investment portfolio until later in life and wasting money on new cars and car notes.
Was able to play catch-up, fortunately, but missed out on a lot of wealth not starting earlier.
We try to beat that into our kids heads now they're all on their own. fwiw

Reactions: taylormade73