What was your first car and in what year?

In 1980 my father bought me a lime green 1951 Ford 4 door. It had been owned by some hippy's in the 60's. They had painted it lime green. And put rubbermaid daisy's all over it. My father took them off. But it was still oxidized into the paint. lol. They put mushroom green shelving paper all over the dash. And steering wheel. And you could see thru the floor like the Flintstones car. I could practically put my foot thru it. I rarely drove it. But am proud today that at 15 I could drive a three on the tree.

1982, mid 60's Bug

The story is more interesting than the car.

My first car wasn’t really ‘mine’, my buddy happened upon it untitled & unregistered and sold it to me for $50. I brought it home & my dad took one look at it & said get that f’ing thing off my lawn so later that night me, my buddy that sold it to me & two other knuckleheads threw $2.00 in the tank (that got us around 4 gallons back then) & we proceeded to hammer the thing to death. Drove it to our school & onto the practice field where we rearranged all the football practice dummies or whatever those sleds were called, then on to a local orchard where we drove through the fields (and fences), then to the local college where we descended into the ‘meadow’, a vast hilly & tree dense space, basically we were wheeling it through the hiking trails, then after all that we did some good damage to what I assumed at the time was the rear axle because the whole car was bobbing up & down with the rotation of the tires, also lost the exhaust somewhere along the line so that when we were limping back to our home base (by now it was around 3am) we caught the attention of Johnny Law who might’ve been able to sleep through his shift sitting in a local condo development as we puttered on by so he had no choice but to give chase. We couldn’t get this brick over about 25mph by this time so we agreed on a jumping point, led the caravan down a dark road bordered by woods on both sides & on the count of 3, stopped, jumped & ran. The direction we ran however had a creek and a large very steep incline on the other side but by then it was too late, into the freezing water we all went, waded across, climbed the muddy/rocky/90 degree cliff on the other side & ran into the adjoining neighborhood where we all hid in a bush while the chaser’s fellow officers circled the hood trying in vane to find us. Around 5am we arrived at my house tired, freezing, soaking still but laughing our asses off.

At this point nearly 40 years later all I can say is thanks Adolf, you commissioned a helluva car:

View attachment 122510

This was the second car I ever had. My father owned a mid 60's Bug. And with snow tires I could go anyplace a 4x4 could go on the roads. After I got out of the Marine Corps. I bought a 75 super beetle. I drove that thing up and down the I5 in WA. When it was closed due to snow. Drove that bug all thru college in Seattle. And for a few years after. Until I had so many parking tickets on the tabs. I had to give it to my sister. lol. That was a great car. Had a sunroof. And labs wool seat covers. I loved that car. Just a few years ago I bought a 67 bug that was cherry. Well almost I did alot of work to it before this pic.

10895411_872104722828924_688155193_n.jpg

I wish I knew more details about my first car for the sake of the thread but mine was a late 80's/early 90's Chevy Blazer in a Red/White color scheme. All I remember about it is that it took more oil than gas to get around and I drove it till the wheels fell off...

This was in Upstate NY at the time.