What was your first Jeep?

LJBean

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Martynt74's post about his first Jeep made me think about mine: A '76 CJ7 with a 304 V8, Turbo 400, and Quadra-Trac 4WD system. It was 1982 and I was 20, and all I wanted at the time (besides my girlfriend's smile) was a Jeep.

That girlfriend didn't last, but my affinity for Jeeps certainly did. There's been quite a few Jeep vehicles since then.

What was your your first Jeep?

Last edited:
1986 CJ7 with the 2.5 four cylinder. Got it in 1999 and still have it. Always had plans to swap in a V8 after the 4 cylinder gave me trouble. Now 20 plus years later it’s still going and still getting 19mpg.

Dang Jeep engines tend to keep going as long as you change the oil. I've had 6 Jeeps and never had to add a quart of oil to any of them (knock on wood).

Had a '83 Scrambler with a 4.2L that regularly got 19-20 mpg on the highway. My '04 never beat that even before mods. WTH?

Reactions: ColoJeep
First I drove was a neighbors CJ2 with snow plow. He let me plow the drive way with it when I was 11 years old. Fired me when found out I was driving the jeep without brakes and stopping it by dropping the plow and or the emertency brake. 2nd jeep was a Viet Nam era 1 1/4 ton weapons carrier. Used it to cart the lumber and material up our very steep unpaved driveway building our first and last house in Kona. Body finally got so rusty I was afraid it would collapse and sold for twice what I paid for it when the house was up.

Reactions: ColoJeep and LJBean
‘95 YJ, had it for a whole 3 days before I realized it needed more work than what it was worth haha.
AE7B9363-9468-48F4-94C7-90B0124229E2.jpeg

94 red YJ 4 cyl that I got in 97 when I was 16. I beat the hell out of it and it only let me down one time when the transmission self destructed all but 4th gear. Had it for about 10 years and let me tell you, as a student at Auburn University that thing was a panty dropper.

Last edited: