what wire to use?

I'm looking to wiring off road light, rock lights and a few extra things. not sure what wire to use since this will be my first time doing any electric work on my jeep.
would this work?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N18VEJ4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Here's a good guide to go by: https://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/itm/automotive/get_wired.html

If it was me I'd probably use 14 gauge wire, though I think 16 would also work just fine.

There's a lot of variables that come into play here such as how long the wires are going to be, the specifications on the lights, etc. Still, for all intensive purposes 14-16 gauge wire should be just fine unless you're running something insanely powerful that most of us wouldn't'.

looks like 16G is the way to go, would speaker wire work fine for off road lights?

What gauge is the speaker wire? Personally I'd just buy a big roll of that 16G wire and use it for the off-road lights as well.

What gauge is the speaker wire? Personally I'd just buy a big roll of that 16G wire and use it for the off-road lights as well.
16 gauge speaker wire 99% oxygen free copper (OFC) (I know nothing about that though....)

16 gauge speaker wire 99% oxygen free copper (OFC) (I know nothing about that though....)

It will work fine. My only potential issue with speaker wire would be the durability of it if it's exposed to the elements. Encase it in some heat shrink or protective wire tubing where it goes outside of the cabin.

It will work fine. My only potential issue with speaker wire would be the durability of it if it's exposed to the elements. Encase it in some heat shrink or protective wire tubing where it goes outside of the cabin.
awesome this will work fine then because its black and red 16G wire in a protection tubing.

Reactions: Chris
thanks for the help. 100FT for 2x16G wire enclosed in a protection tubing for 20$ can't beat that.

Nope, that's an awesome deal. And it never hurts to have extra on hand for when you need it.

I'm looking to wiring off road light, rock lights and a few extra things. not sure what wire to use since this will be my first time doing any electric work on my jeep.
would this work?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N18VEJ4/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Don't know what kinda amp draws you are going to be looking at, but you might need to use some relays so you don't run all the amperage through your switches. You also will need to use individual fuses for each of the component's, you might as well learn the right way being that you are just starting out.JMHO

Reactions: Julian
Don't know what kinda amp draws you are going to be looking at, but you might need to use some relays so you don't run all the amperage through your switches. You also will need to use individual fuses for each of the component's, you might as well learn the right way being that you are just starting out.JMHO
im gonna run all the lights though a DBOX5 i just ordered all the parts was just looking for wire to finish my shipment, came out to like 60$ and have a few extra's of everything. thought this would be the best idea since ill be wiring a few things.
50in light bar
2x 4inx4in lights
rocker lights
winch control from inside
and one extra for when i get my onboard air.

this link is how to build it! great instructions! (there are 2 parts to this)