What would be your choice for a FSM?

OP
Jmac00

Jmac00

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I was hoping for a paper book to carry out to the wobbly Jalopy, so I didn't have to bring my laptop out there.
and I went to a Jeep dealer today, and they said they don't have any service manuals? I said how do your guy know how to fix these things, she said, "all our guys are factory trained" I rolled my eyes and left

So I guess I'll just get a reem of paper and a couple buckets of ink, and start printing (y)(y)

freedom_in_4low

Sacred Order of the Coil Spring
Supporting Member
I was hoping for a paper book to carry out to the wobbly Jalopy, so I didn't have to bring my laptop out there.
and I went to a Jeep dealer today, and they said they don't have any service manuals? I said how do your guy know how to fix these things, she said, "all our guys are factory trained" I rolled my eyes and left

So I guess I'll just get a reem of paper and a couple buckets of ink, and start printing (y)(y)

I'll print stuff out when I really need it but it's usually only a couple pages at a time. What do you have going on that you need that much?

g.hayduke

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member

Or buy a copy on eBay. They were printed and can be found.

CharlesHS

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Many.... years ago when I purchased my first vehicle before I knew better; I purchased a Chilton's since that was all that was available.
Manuals such as Chilton, Clymers and Haynes cover too many years and usually do not address the changes in certain years.
Shortly after the purchase of my '01 I searched on EBays (as posted above) and found a full set of Factory Service Manuals for $55, but along with the manuals I downloaded the FSMs in PDF for use on my tablet.
What ever form you prefer; they are available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1550394407...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3734175552...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/

machoheadgames

LED turn signal club
Supporting Member
Most of those videos are not very good at showing a good or correct way to do anything. Sure, there are a few helpful nuggets but no substitute for the FSM.

Lord help me, I'd go crazy if I had to rely on determining what wires do based on their color or pin location strictly by searching forums and watching videos.

Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member

just print what you need to complete a task. no need to waste a bunch of paper and ink.