What would be your choice for a FSM?

I was hoping for a paper book to carry out to the wobbly Jalopy, so I didn't have to bring my laptop out there.
and I went to a Jeep dealer today, and they said they don't have any service manuals? I said how do your guy know how to fix these things, she said, "all our guys are factory trained" I rolled my eyes and left

So I guess I'll just get a reem of paper and a couple buckets of ink, and start printing (y)(y)

I was hoping for a paper book to carry out to the wobbly Jalopy, so I didn't have to bring my laptop out there.
and I went to a Jeep dealer today, and they said they don't have any service manuals? I said how do your guy know how to fix these things, she said, "all our guys are factory trained" I rolled my eyes and left

So I guess I'll just get a reem of paper and a couple buckets of ink, and start printing (y)(y)

I'll print stuff out when I really need it but it's usually only a couple pages at a time. What do you have going on that you need that much?

Or buy a copy on eBay. They were printed and can be found.

Many.... years ago when I purchased my first vehicle before I knew better; I purchased a Chilton's since that was all that was available.
Manuals such as Chilton, Clymers and Haynes cover too many years and usually do not address the changes in certain years.
Shortly after the purchase of my '01 I searched on EBays (as posted above) and found a full set of Factory Service Manuals for $55, but along with the manuals I downloaded the FSMs in PDF for use on my tablet.
What ever form you prefer; they are available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1550394407...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3734175552...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
As others have said, there is only one FSM. Before I had an FSM, I tried to compile a list of all hard-copy TJ books, here.

None of the above. With 10,000,000 videos and even more Jeep info online, there's really no use for one IMO. Never had one, never needed one.

Most of those videos are not very good at showing a good or correct way to do anything. Sure, there are a few helpful nuggets but no substitute for the FSM.

Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ
Most of those videos are not very good at showing a good or correct way to do anything. Sure, there are a few helpful nuggets but no substitute for the FSM.

Lord help me, I'd go crazy if I had to rely on determining what wires do based on their color or pin location strictly by searching forums and watching videos.

Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ

just print what you need to complete a task. no need to waste a bunch of paper and ink.