What would you do to my Jeep if it were yours?

Beautiful jeep! Cruise the wheels off that thing!

I wouldn't build it quite like that but I'd rock it. I'm not a fan of nerf bars but they look good and give a ladies a step. If you're looking to crawl pull them, if not leave them.

Bumpers and wheels are bigger than I'd pick out, but I don't know if it'd be worth the money to change. Maybe keep an eye out for trades?

Honestly with a jeep like than my #1 priority would be a good sound system
The sound system in it is fair. Just typical pioneer head unit and aftermarket speakers with a 12” sub in the back.

Holy lick that’s a beauty of a TJ :love:
As it’s been said before “build the rig to fit the trail”. So what are you looking to do with it? Crawling? Daily driver? Build it according to what’s practical for you.
Seriously though… nice TJ man.
Regear if needed, and work on losing the t-case drop if you have one would be a great start, that’s what I’m shooting for.

Reactions: smurf
Lose the nerf, I like smaller/stock look bumpers like dirtworx. I prefer stock fenders. Rims are definitely not my preference, I don’t care for black rims on anything, but they don’t look bad.

If you want to keep the nerfs I have the same ones in black I took off you can have cheap.

Overall very clean looking rig, I wouldn’t post it on the unfortunate TJ of the day page😂
I’ve noticed people say they like stock flares. Mhmm I’m curious as to how it would look with stock flares. Thanks for the feed back.

everyone else has said it all.
Ditch the bumpers
Ditch the side steps
I'd personally sell the wheels/tires and get something else.
I'd also put factory fender flares back on.

But that's just all cosmetic..
The REAL question is what are we looking at for drivability, safety, maintenance? I hate it when I see a shiny clean car only to open the hood and it looks like it hasn't been touched in 20 years. How's the brakes, drivetrain, suspension, etc? vibrations & wobbles? Leaks?
That's where I'd spend most of my time. After those bumpers and side steps of course.
I completely agree with you. Under the hood stays detailed haha. But it drives fine the way it is. No leaks yet!

Reactions: 707kevin
Lose the chrome tubes. Add a spare tire.
How is you gearing/locker situation?
Will be getting re geared to 4.88’s in 2-3 months. No lockers as of now. Thought about doing a limited slip in rear end as I do not do any rock crawling.

Reactions: Vasq
Beautiful Jeep. If it were mine I would do whatever the fuck I WANTED to do.

Seriously, assuming the running gear is all solid, I'd lose 150 lbs of bumper and nerf bars. Probably go back to stockish flairs, and commence the standard upgrades-SYE, axles, tummy tuck...how's the stereo? Cause it definitely needs my Pandora feed coming out of the speakers.
SYE is in the list!

Holy lick that’s a beauty of a TJ :love:
As it’s been said before “build the rig to fit the trail”. So what are you looking to do with it? Crawling? Daily driver? Build it according to what’s practical for you.
Seriously though… nice TJ man.
Regear if needed, and work on losing the t-case drop if you have one would be a great start, that’s what I’m shooting for.
I appreciate it! That’s what I’m doing just going to build it on how I would use it. But also keeping in mind if I ever sell it in the future. What would other Jeep owners be looking for.

I would get rid of the bumpers, flares, nerf bars, and rocker covers. Replace the flares with stock ones, high clearance front and rear bumpers, add some real rocker guards. Ditch the lift and tires for some TJ rubicon take-off springs with a .75 spacer up front and some 31-inch aggressive all-terrains. Add a 1.75 inch body lift and high clearance transfer case skid plate, sye, adjustable uppers, Oil pan skid, control arm skids, differential covers of some sort, and stronger steering with a swayloc sway bar.
I’m definitely gonna beef up the steering but it drives fine the way it is. I don’t think I will take lift off or go any smaller than 33”

Will be getting re geared to 4.88’s in 2-3 months. No lockers as of now. Thought about doing a limited slip in rear end as I do not do any rock crawling.
I would do a limited slip :cool: I have one in my sport from the factory, and even though I don't rock crawl either it is really helpful out in the snow and in town on rainy days it lets me play Tokyo drift every now and then.

I'm not a fan of blue on a rig, but that blue just snap, crackle and pops electric!
There is no other chrome on the rig, so the nerf steps look a little out of place.
The flat flare are ok, but some Rubi take offs would add Jeep style.
Both front and rear bumpers are a bit too much. Dial them down and lose some weight in the process. Weight is your enemy with a TJ.
Wheels are a bit mall crawler'ish, but I'd rock em and spend funds in other areas, like bigger brakes to handle those meats.
A Detroit TT in the rear would be a nice addition, and would draw attention in the parking lots as your make tight turns, lol!

If you do like the sliders chrome, some slim bare alum bumpers might compliment them as well? Honestly if I had just bought your jeep, which would be thrilling, the bumpers would be my #1 priority. I think you'll be tickled over what a difference they can make.

View attachment 282129What would you do to my jeep if it were yours??? Seriously. Honest opinions if it was yours! I’m leaning towards smaller bumpers also want some different steps. Possible some true rockers.

View attachment 282130

View attachment 282132
It is a really sharp TJ in a cool color, and obviously well cared for.

Just at a glance, a stubby front bumper, lighter rear bumper, Bartacts to save the stock covers, late model mirrors if those act up are the cosmetic things I might consider-

Keep us posted.

Be like Jerry
200.gif

• Haha
Change out bumpers
Remove nerf bars

Can’t tell much more. Very clean.

ditch the light bar and stinger hoop, ditch the tail light grills, un smoke the marker lights and put the hitch ball in the back.
id also add a spare.

much cleaner than mine though.