What would you do to my Jeep if it were yours?

smurf

Supporting Member
5E20E9CC-3340-4BD0-A828-862A1C698164.jpeg
What would you do to my jeep if it were yours??? Seriously. Honest opinions if it was yours! I’m leaning towards smaller bumpers also want some different steps. Possible some true rockers.

6E32C9EE-5CFE-48F6-B6A6-07A4DCD347D0.jpeg

795087E0-186D-47E4-9968-33BF161323E0.jpeg

Uh, well first of all, damn clean looking Jeep.
Second, I agree with the smaller bumper sentiment. I also agree with the true sliders plan, but only if you think you'll actually be coming down on them. If you're just cruising, it looks good how it is and it's probably easier to get in and out of.

Ditch the bumpers, chrome side steps and go back to stock flares.

p.s. My old Jeeps used to look as perfect as yours, then I got meds for my OCD and started learning to enjoy them more and worry less. It's a long process. This medication has helped me greatly. Ask for it by name "quietly".
FUKITOL-1000mg.jpg

Last edited:
I would get rid of the bumpers, flares, nerf bars, and rocker covers. Replace the flares with stock ones, high clearance front and rear bumpers, add some real rocker guards. Ditch the lift and tires for some TJ rubicon take-off springs with a .75 spacer up front and some 31-inch aggressive all-terrains. Add a 1.75 inch body lift and high clearance transfer case skid plate, sye, adjustable uppers, Oil pan skid, control arm skids, differential covers of some sort, and stronger steering with a swayloc sway bar.

Reactions: smurf
Beautiful jeep! Cruise the wheels off that thing!

I wouldn't build it quite like that but I'd rock it. I'm not a fan of nerf bars but they look good and give a ladies a step. If you're looking to crawl pull them, if not leave them.

Bumpers and wheels are bigger than I'd pick out, but I don't know if it'd be worth the money to change. Maybe keep an eye out for trades?

Honestly with a jeep like than my #1 priority would be a good sound system

Lose the nerf, I like smaller/stock look bumpers like dirtworx. I prefer stock fenders. Rims are definitely not my preference, I don’t care for black rims on anything, but they don’t look bad.

If you want to keep the nerfs I have the same ones in black I took off you can have cheap.

Overall very clean looking rig, I wouldn’t post it on the unfortunate TJ of the day page😂

I would get rid of the bumpers, flares, nerf bars, and rocker covers. Replace the flares with stock ones, high clearance front and rear bumpers, add some real rocker guards. Ditch the lift and tires for some TJ rubicon take-off springs with a .75 spacer up front and some 31-inch aggressive all-terrains. Add a 1.75 inch body lift and high clearance transfer case skid plate, sye, adjustable uppers, Oil pan skid, control arm skids, differential covers of some sort, and stronger steering with a swayloc sway bar.
That's ridiculous overkill for his needs.
p.s. Who makes a 1.75" BL ? Rubicon take-off springs will lift it the same as a Rubicon over a regular TJ....NONE. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seriously, I work in Slidell Louisiana. If you want those black nerfs you can have if you make the drive…maybe a six pack for my troubles 😉

Reactions: smurf
Beautiful Jeep. If it were mine I would do whatever the fuck I WANTED to do.

Seriously, assuming the running gear is all solid, I'd lose 150 lbs of bumper and nerf bars. Probably go back to stockish flairs, and commence the standard upgrades-SYE, axles, tummy tuck...how's the stereo? Cause it definitely needs my Pandora feed coming out of the speakers.

Reactions: Moglocker and smurf
everyone else has said it all.
Ditch the bumpers
Ditch the side steps
I'd personally sell the wheels/tires and get something else.
I'd also put factory fender flares back on.

But that's just all cosmetic..
The REAL question is what are we looking at for drivability, safety, maintenance? I hate it when I see a shiny clean car only to open the hood and it looks like it hasn't been touched in 20 years. How's the brakes, drivetrain, suspension, etc? vibrations & wobbles? Leaks?
That's where I'd spend most of my time. After those bumpers and side steps of course.

Reactions: Ron505 and smurf