What would your dream bumper set look like?

Reidminer

TJ Enthusiast
Hi y’all, so a bit of a theoretical question here.

If you could design or find a dream bumper for your wrangler, what would you want that to be? Short and stubby with only winch points? Integrated winch mounts and creative but sleek lines? What kind of material, mild steel, aluminum?

I’m working on building a set for myself(only in the planning and drawing stages right now) and have full access to the equipment at my job which is a custom metal fab shop. I plan to do drawings and measurements myself then pay one of the engineers to do it up on the computer so the sky is sorta the limit on what I can make lol.

Eventually depending on how much it costs in materials and time to make them, I may consider selling some too!

Would love to hear anyones thoughts

Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT
My (realized) dream bumper is this one... aluminum and made by Savvy.

Bumper-winch-cropped-smalle.jpg

Hi y’all, so a bit of a theoretical question here.

If you could design or find a dream bumper for your wrangler, what would you want that to be? Short and stubby with only winch points? Integrated winch mounts and creative but sleek lines? What kind of material, mild steel, aluminum?

I’m working on building a set for myself(only in the planning and drawing stages right now) and have full access to the equipment at my job which is a custom metal fab shop. I plan to do drawings and measurements myself then pay one of the engineers to do it up on the computer so the sky is sorta the limit on what I can make lol.

Eventually depending on how much it costs in materials and time to make them, I may consider selling some too!

Would love to hear anyones thoughts
I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Reactions: Reidminer
UCF aluminum stubby front bumper (Savvy look alike) for $200 WITH a matching rear one for the SAME price. That's where they screw you (in the rear).:oops:
It's the perfect bumper for those who want the look with almost none of the features. 🤣

Reactions: psrivats
I really want one that is like what I have on my JT, I'd like to have the winch sitting out of the airflow into the grill, and also have the winch able to be nearly fully enclosed/protected ... just it's not possible on the TJ.

1646663168575.png

Reactions: Reidminer
Looks like that's how the election process works here too. Can I see proof that Savvy is made better and does a better job? You should know better. 🤫
By now you should know what makes one nicer than the other. The amount of bolted connections has already been mentioned.

I like the savvy bumper because it moves the winch back so your fairlead isnt hanging out in front off the edge of the bumper.

Reactions: starkey480
My dream bumpers would look very much like the Savvy but with a few small changes. I'd like to clean up the corner reinforcements some, maybe move to a thinner stainless for more sliding ability.

Material would bump up to 1/4" for the front one and be designed around being that thick so the holes would line up better.

I'd like the winch deck to bump up to 1/4" for some of the more hardcore stuff we run into from time to time.

I'd like to add some material in some key spots inside the rear bumper so you could drill and tap for some corner reinforcements since you can't use through bolts back there.

I'd also like to widen out the front by 1/2" per side to make it easier to install and run a SwayLOC with the bumper corners.

Reactions: Irun
UCF aluminum stubby front bumper (Savvy look alike) for $200 WITH a matching rear one for the SAME price. That's where they screw you (in the rear).:oops:
Yea it'd be my plan for whatever I create to undercut brands out in the market on price as much as possible while still turning a profit worthwhile. basically it'd all come down to material costs really, which going through my employer, I'd be able to get at a reduced cost due to them buying in bulk.not sure if $200 is possible tho haha