What would your dream bumper set look like?

The devil is in the details.

Deeper winch deck is less hangy/outty things, more connection points. Narrower overall, less widy/outty things. UFC does not have the underlip which helps with the bracing. UFC also, as far as I know, does not come with the optional reinforcement plates to protect the corner welds.

Okay, that makes sense to me!

What about the rear bumper? Anyone know what design improvements where made there?

Savvy website claims “maximum departure angle”, yet it looks like it sticks out much more than those flat bumper plates

1678396807044.png

1678396788473.png

I imagine the bumper plate doesn’t offer ad much protection though, so the savvy rear might be a trade off between clearance and protection.

Okay, that makes sense to me!

What about the rear bumper? Anyone know what design improvements where made there?

Savvy website claims “maximum departure angle”, yet it looks like it sticks out much more than those flat bumper plates

View attachment 405995

View attachment 405994

I imagine the bumper plate doesn’t offer ad much protection though, so the savvy rear might be a trade off between clearance and protection.

A couple things I know is that both the Savvy and the plates angle off of the crossmember at the same point at the lowest spot. And the top of the Savvy projects out about the same as the recovery points on most of the plates. So, functionally where the clearance matters and is useful, both are pretty comparable.

Reactions: Ocho
I've always like the looks of these.

View attachment 405942

I have this one just without the grill hoop, and it’s super strong and has great clearance. No extended winch deck in compromise of having room for the stock sway bar (I have only seen guys with the savvy run an anti rock or a swaylock so I’m not sure if you can even run stock sway bar bc the extended winch deck). The savvy also has the wings as blain mentioned that can protect the antirock while the Motobilt doesn’t. The bottom of the Motobilt does have a lip which I love and all the clearance is higher than the frame but bc the lack of an extended winch deck and how the winch sits in it, my over priced factor55 (got it before I was educated on thimbles) would be the first thing to hit. It’s also very heavy compared to aluminum so it has a lot of room for improvement but it hasn’t limited me or had me wishing I didn’t purchase it like my Chinese bumpers have. Non the less when talking about the absolute best, almost every one of the savvy products get the closest to perfect design.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
This monstrosity came on my sons rig. 🤮 The irony is someone bought it for $100.

FA6D19AC-6914-4DA9-98A6-E80E8D30942D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: L J
My buddy has a Savvy Rear Bumper it's seen plenty of abuse and has held up well to many circumstances.

The backstory on this photo is we had just finished a Trail in Apple Valley called Mouse Trap. The road leading out to the trail is a dumping ground for the tweakers in the area. While airing back up somebody in our group noticed this big homewrecker. I Thought it would be funny to sneak it on his rig so he could drive home with it. Unfortunately he found it and pulled it out.

20220129_160200.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Apparition and Ocho