What years of JKs to stay away from?

Building, is expensive but buying is just as expensive. I've built full out customs over the years. A 1972 Commando, a 76 CJ5, a 1950 Wileys, a 150 in. Wheel base pro class mud blogger, and a few Chevy and Ford trucks. The guys I hung out with traded parts with each other, custom fabricated parts and frames, built motors, transmissions and transfer cases, and helped each other. That brought the costs down, but it was still expensive. Over the years, I've developed a new attitude. Lift kits, Gears and lockers, Tires and wheels, and a winch. Those are the basics yet they can also be the limit of what is spent. Look at the old Willys out on the trails. Little if any lift kits, 4 cylinder flat head engines, stock diameter tires and wheels, and they can stay with the best of the newer rigs. Then look at all the Jeep's built to the hilt, that are nothing more than Mall Crawlers. $80,000.00 to ride around and show off ? Not me ! Be smart with your money. If your not riding the Rubicon, you don't need 4,000.00 suspensions, or an LS or Hemi swap, or Dana 60's maxed to the hilt. Invest in what you will be using your rig for, then actually use it. We Jeep and Harley owners are blessed with two of the greatest freedom machines ever invented, but they are expensive. What ever happened to the Yugo and the Volkswagen Thing ? Lol