What years of roll cages are interchangeable?

flkevin

Good afternoon all,

Looking the exchange my roll cage on a 1998 TJ rebuild- base of the posts are rusted out. What years can be interchanged for the roll cage for a '98?

Thanks for the help!

Kevin

Depending on your budget, aftermarket options exist as well. Genright and Poison Spyder (among others) sell full sport cage kits designed to work with factory mounting

Good to know. I'm hunting one of the junkers near me and looks like I will snag a cage that's in good shape for about 200.

I saw the Spyder cages but not wanting to drop 1600-2000 on a new cage quite yet.

Looking good on the exchange! Got a cage from 99 TJ for only $150. Though the bolt attaching the front bar of the cage to the windshield don't fit the 3/8 bolts like the base section. Any idea what size the bolts for the windshield portion are? Unfortunately I tossed the rusted older one like an idiot.

In the Resources Forum, there is a link to Factory Service Manuals and Parts List. It looks like in the parts list for '97-'99 is shows M8x1.25x25. I don't know what the deal is with # 10 pointing to the same screw.

You can download those manuals on your computer to view when off line too.

Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg