What you’ll need for a OME 2-2.5” lift

Shuttlesworth

TJ Enthusiast
So you want to install the OME springs with Rancho shocks that most others have done? Having read many posts on the topic there has been mention of adjustable track bars, adjustable control arms, sway bar discos, etc. to have everything set up well, but some tend to have opposing views on all that is required. A little confusing, I know. Also, you may want to do this lift in stages to ease the hurt on your wallet, so I thought it best to get a thread going to show all the parts needed to do this.

So, what do you need for each stage?

Stage 1: Springs, Shock, Relocation Brackets, ETC. if needed

Light Duty:

Front - P/N: ARB 2932
TJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2941
LJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2949

Medium Duty:
Front - P/N: ARB 2933
TJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2941
LJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2949

Heavy Duty:
TJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2942
LJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2996

Super Heavy Duty:
TJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2949
LJ Rear - P/N: ARB 2996

Shocks:
Front - Rancho P/N: RS55128 Qty. of 2
Rear - Rancho P/N: RS55240 Qty. of 2
(Same for both Light and Heavy Duty)

Relocation Bracket:
P/N: ARB FKWTJ02

Leveling Spacers:
Front - P/N: OMEJGF10 Qty. of 2
Trim Spacer - P/N: OMEWTJPR10 Qty. of how many you need

Stage 2: Adjustable Track Bars, Sway Bar Disconnects

Adjustable Track Bar:

Front - P/N: JKS OGS126
Rear - P/N: JKS OGS151

Sway Bar Disconnects
P/N: JKS 2001

Stage 3: Adjustable Control Arms and Anti-Rock

Adjustable Control Arms:

Currie, Rock Jock, JKS, Core 4X4
You can choose what is in your budget for this. Although the majority of people here will say that the Currie's are the ones to go with.

Anti-Rock: Currie CE-9900

Optional:

Body Lift:
Rokmen 1/2" Body Lift (This is to net a 2.5" lift)
Savvy 1.25" Body Lift (This it to net 3.25" lift if you want to move to 33" tires)

I hope this post will be set up so that when information comes in from those who have done this before, this will be edited to contain all of that updated information. If you have additional thoughts please let me know so we can create a really easy place to find the best set up for this size of lift.

These are also great posts to look at with similar information. I used them to gather information for this post.

Last edited:
nice thread, I like the stages, i have been trying to figure out the best way to do this with multiple 500 dollar purchases instead of one 1500 one.

Thanks guys! I've been looking at this for weeks because I am in the process of doing this and the ZJ upgrade. I have a 99 TJ sitting at 260K with stock suspension, so it is TIME for an upgrade. I thought it would be great to capture this while it was all on the brain.

I'd consider the Light Duty : 2932 front/2941 rear.
Medium Duty: 2933 front/2941 rear. (Winch up front).
Heavy Duty: 2933 front/2942 rear. (Winch, hard top, heavy rear bumper).
The 2949 rear, extra Heavy Duty. (way too much crap in the trunk).

OME 10mm spacers to level, or 3/4" spacers up front for more severe leveling.

My 2 cents.

Edit: I'll answer the age old question. Can I run 33's on a 2.5" lift? Sure, go for it!
20200826_115606.jpg

I like it!

FYI, I believe that the light and medium rear number is 2941. Here's a chart from OME:

OMETJ.png

Last edited:
Very cool list.

My $.02...

Antirock is optional... you already bought sway bar discos in phase 2.

Also.. coil spacers are optional since it only deals with rake (looks) rather than function.

Oh... bump stop extensions/hockey pucks are needed.

Oh ya.. prob gonna need wheel spacers.. tho varies between jeep setups.

Lastly... Assuming larger tires are going on.. an upgraded steering stabalizer.

If you put recommendations for tire size, steering stabilizer, steering, etc. then this isn't much of a thread on the basics of the OME 2-2.5" lift. It becomes a build sheet for a rig. The goal is to have a list of minimum parts to do the OME lift. The the stages are a recommendation for those who are happy to stay at 2-2.5", but want more out of their Jeep, or even want to build up to a 3+" lift. After stage 3 there isn't much else to do in terms of more flex unless you increase the lift height.

They are kinda like those guys who say they have a Stage "X" Mustang or Golf, they want more performance on a base platform and when done in increments it creates a better performing vehicle. When the base platform is holding you back after a certain stage, then you change the base.

@Sancho The bump stops are a good point as without them there is a chance to bottom out the shock.

Anyone have a recommendation on the bump stop extensions?

I can also add a recommendation that for best performance a 31" tired should be used.

@Shuttlesworth

Regarding bumpstop extensions... you can simply order a pack of hockey pucks off amazon and self tap them into the bottom coil plate.

Otherwise currie makes a decent set.. just be sure to get the right size.

@Shuttlesworth ,

As far as basics with this amount of lift, I’d add bumpstops and extended rear sway bar links. If you do the body lift, then add the cable shifter and a motor mount lift. If you get vibes, then an SYE and DC driveshaft. At that point you’d already have the adjustable arms to accommodate.

I'd consider the Light Duty : 2932 front/2941 rear.
Medium Duty: 2933 front/2941 rear. (Winch up front).
Heavy Duty: 2933 front/2942 rear. (Winch, hard top, heavy rear bumper).
The 2949 rear, extra Heavy Duty. (way too much crap in the trunk).

OME 10mm spacers to level, or 3/4" spacers up front for more severe leveling.

My 2 cents.

Edit: I'll answer the age old question. Can I run 33's on a 2.5" lift? Sure, go for it!
View attachment 186276
Come on. The buttcrack. You know you want one 😈

FWIW — I'm using Rancho RS5000X Part Numbers RS55239 and RS55241 - those are spec'd to 2-3" lift. The part ## above show as 0" lift.

FWIW — I'm using Rancho RS5000X Part Numbers RS55239 and RS55241 - those are spec'd to 2-3" lift. The part ## above show as 0" lift.
Have you cycled your suspension with those shocks?

I have the 0-2" Ranchos and when I cycled (K02 31s), the only thing I had to do was put a couple of washers on the front bump stops. I also have minor rubbing on the passenger side at full lock, but that's a result of my Alcoas (5.25" BS).

Have you cycled your suspension with those shocks?

I have the 0-2" Ranchos and when I cycled (K02 31s), the only thing I had to do was put a couple of washers on the front bump stops. I also have minor rubbing on the passenger side at full lock, but that's a result of my Alcoas (5.25" BS).

I have. The RS55239's require at minimum 1.75" of bump stop extension based on my measurements.

Reactions: RMETeeJay