What's a good cheap electric pressure washer?

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I need a cheap electric pressure washer. HF has one on sale for $79. https://www.harborfreight.com/1750-PSI-13-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-63254.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTg2OTI2OTciLCJza3UiOiI2MzI1NCIsImlzIjoiNzkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk IjoiMTE5NzQifQ== &utm_source=1021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=0819B&cid=mEmail_s1021_0819B

I know cheap wont equal quality. But I was wondering if anyone had an idea of which cheap ones would be ok to use. All I'm doing is hosing off a tiny portion of the stucco on my house. And then just general purpose. Maybe on the TJ? No real plans for other than that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I just spent 3 YEARS getting the money to rebuild one of these, they retail for about $7200.00 I have about $1500 invested...new fuel oil burner nozzle, hoses, heating coil, filters...the heating coil contains about 100' feet of schedule 80 pipe...the nozzle actually got a good burn. I am super excited to have this project done. If you want to run hot water from your water heater lower pressure works, but if you run cold, you will want higher pressure. Anything above 4500 can cut your skin...my hot runs 2500 psi.
https://www.powerwashstore.com/P/2131/HydroblasterSSOVLine

I just spent 3 YEARS getting the money to rebuild one of these, they retail for about $7200.00 I have about $1500 invested...new fuel oil burner nozzle, hoses, heating coil, filters...the heating coil contains about 100' feet of schedule 80 pipe...the nozzle actually got a good burn. I am super excited to have this project done. If you want to run hot water from your water heater lower pressure works, but if you run cold, you will want higher pressure. Anything above 4500 can cut your skin...my hot runs 2500 psi.
https://www.powerwashstore.com/P/2131/HydroblasterSSOVLine

My brother in law used to build big air compressors for ships and hotels and big buildings. At his shop he had one of these. A huge black monstrosity. That spit water so hot it was like it was on fire. And the force would cut a shoe. lol. You could strip paint with that thing. It was amazing.

Meanwhile I just need to spray some dirt off my stucco out on the back patio. And maybe I'll use it to detail my engine bay. I don't need much. I'm looking at that Ryobi at Home Depot for $99. Or one of the HF ones.

I can’t remember the brand name of mine but I got the cheapest that Sams club sells. It was most likely under $100 and has lasted me five or so years. Twice a year a wash the driveway and hose the part of the house and it’s been just fine for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother in law used to build big air compressors for ships and hotels and big buildings. At his shop he had one of these. A huge black monstrosity. That spit water so hot it was like it was on fire. And the force would cut a shoe. lol. You could strip paint with that thing. It was amazing.

Meanwhile I just need to spray some dirt off my stucco out on the back patio. And maybe I'll use it to detail my engine bay. I don't need much. I'm looking at that Ryobi at Home Depot for $99. Or one of the HF ones.
Try to borrow one. Ask around. I honestly think you need to be in the 2200psi range to do what you’re talking about. I have a Karcher and it’s only ok IMHO. Doesn’t help much with washing the TJ. I spent $179

You are better off to just rent a commercial one to clean your house . That way it is not taking up space in your garage while the cheap pump starts to corrode.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
I bought an AR Blue Clean electric thats held up well. The Turbo nozzle doubles the cleaning power on conctete. The high pressure hose is plastic and would be useless if it ever got kinked, for $100 it's worked for over 4 years.

Over the years I bought quite a few electric pressure washers for use at work cleaning out chiller coils and cleaning the "patio" areas where our pump farm was. Karcher, McCulloch, Ryobi, etc. All of them were in the 1500 to 1700psi range. All of them worked well for about 3 or 4 years and then they all developed leaky pumps. I never had any luck rebuilding the pumps and just ended up getting a new one. When I got around to buying one for here at home, I went with a Honda engine and about a 3500psi output. The difference in how well it works is simply not comparable. I've used it now for 5 years and it has given no trouble at all but you have to be damned careful with it because it WILL blast paint off a car, ruin your siding, gnaw wood to shreds, very very quickly punch a hole through a tire sidewall and almost instantaneously cut through the flesh on the top of your foot. Don't let your drunk buddy help you out by running it for you!!!

I bought a Coleman electric pressure washer 20 years ago, and it works as advertised. Max pressure is about 1000 psi, and my neighbor used it to clean his cedar siding on his house. Ryobi also makes one in that price range.

i got the Ryobi from home depot it works fine on dirt and mud even cleaned my driveway. definitely not as strong as my 13 hp honda pressure washer but it wont peel the paint either
I also have the Ryobi, got it for about $100 bucks.
it seems to do everything I need so far...

I bought the DeWalt from Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...her-DWPW2400/313916664?ITC=AUC-96854-23-12070 for around $300. I've had good experience with DeWalt tools. I use it mostly to clean the Jeeps and it works fine. Comes with different nozzles to help prevent damage and had a detergent tank. It also cleans concrete just fine.
It takes up a little bit more space than a vacuum cleaner. I've had it for about a year with no issues.

I bought the DeWalt from Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...her-DWPW2400/313916664?ITC=AUC-96854-23-12070 for around $300. I've had good experience with DeWalt tools. I use it mostly to clean the Jeeps and it works fine. Comes with different nozzles to help prevent damage and had a detergent tank. It also cleans concrete just fine.
It takes up a little bit more space than a vacuum cleaner. I've had it for about a year with no issues.
There is red, blue and yellow, I am a red guy myself.

I've been considering this for a while. I probably could have bought one by now if I'd saved up all the money I've spent hauling dirty or greasy car parts to the car wash and spraying them off in my truck bed.